Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800

TommyB

Gardtec 800

After the recent storms we lost mains power for approx 30 hrs, we have just regained power but the alarm does not reactivate (normally the key pads display "power fault" and we just reset it). The mains leds all appear OK and the key pads appear to have power to them but the display is blank and nothing happens when the keys are pressed. Does the system fall back into some default mode if loss of power is experienced for an extended length of time and should I be able to reactivate it or does it need a system engineer (I'm not sure if the company who's number is on the box is even still in business).

Nothng is mentioned about power failure and default conditions in the hand book and it will be usefull to know for the future as we intend to rewire the house and the power will be off for weeks!

Comments please

Looks like its been spiked a total reboot may solve it, but its an old panel now.

If you are going to have no power for weeks the system will need to be shut down, no batteries will hold it up for that long.

And yes you will probably need an engineer

cheers

hi,

with full respect of fair comment made to all other engineers -:

my first thought being Gartec G800 orientated (well an officianado infact) is the back up battery is so duff it's inhibiting a proper restart.

if you are not competant or proficient with working on mains powered equipment, then please pretty please for you own well being call an engineer who is.

imo, replacing the standby battery and restarting should clear the problem, Gartec 800's are really amazingly robust, and so in time will join in the in their rightful place of the hallowed Hall of Fame along side the Scany 9100 and Scany 9800, Menvier TS whatever as panel that paved the way in reliabiity.

if not serviced for some time, please, please, big please call in a Gardtec conversant and so loving and adoring engineer, he will fix the issues, and advise you of many many available enhancements. and the advantage is you have a reason to sell the wife into slavery, or better the mother-in-law, or better better - both to pay the bill!.

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi,

with full respect of fair comment made to all other engineers -:

my first thought being Gartec G800 orientated (well an officianado infact) is the back up battery is so duff it's inhibiting a proper restart.

if you are not competant or proficient with working on mains powered equipment, then please pretty please for you own well being call an engineer who is.

imo, replacing the standby battery and restarting should clear the problem, Gartec 800's are really amazingly robust, and so in time will join in the in their rightful place of the hallowed Hall of Fame along side the Scany 9100 and Scany 9800, Menvier TS whatever as panel that paved the way in reliabiity.

if not serviced for some time, please, please, big please call in a Gardtec conversant and so loving and adoring engineer, he will fix the issues, and advise you of many many available enhancements. and the advantage is you have a reason to sell the wife into slavery, or better the mother-in-law, or better better - both to pay the bill!.

:)

regs

alan

So like the others said, he needs an engineer to attend ... get some sleep arfur!

yes, he should get an engineer, he is asking some for opinion, so do we do the 'daignosis' routine?

i.e.

light is not working - call engineer

button is nor working - call engineer.

i think it slightly more helpfull to 'lift the veil' of mystery and demonstrate why he needs an engineer. and, then he might just call an engineer - and not some muppet!

just 'king arfurs' logic.

regs

alan

yes, he should get an engineer, he is asking some for opinion, so do we do the 'daignosis' routine?

i.e.

light is not working - call engineer

button is nor working - call engineer.

i think it slightly more helpfull to 'lift the veil' of mystery and demonstrate why he needs an engineer. and, then he might just call an engineer - and not some muppet!

just 'king arfurs' logic.

regs

alan

He might also open the panel to check it himself and cause injury as you did not warn him of the possible dangers - please think carefully before responding to posts in the public forum.

There is no veil of mystery arfur - its knackered=it needs an engineer. Now step away from the bong.

i fully agree, so look at previous post and see if it applies to you ;)

regs

alan

He might also open the panel to check it himself and cause injury as you did not warn him of the possible dangers - please think carefully before responding to posts in the public forum.

arfur mo said >

"if you are not competant or proficient with working on mains powered equipment, then please pretty please for you own well being call an engineer who is."

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

arfur mo said >

"if you are not competant or proficient with working on mains powered equipment, then please pretty please for you own well being call an engineer who is."

Have to agree there, he did in fact give that warning.

cheers

Archived