Security Installer Community

Multi-sounder

chris123

Click Here goto modules, then voice synth, 9 euros and some jigery pokery with a soldering iron and you have saved a pile of dosh me thinks!

Pete

The Visonic ones are much cheaper?????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

obselete though well you cant get the sp4 anymore

That explains why they were cheap! Very good though, the bomb alert I did on a fire PA was very clear. "GET OUT BEFORE THE BOMB GOES OFF", well not really, just a coded staff message which I expect they have long forgotten by now, "whats a code 44 base?" :'(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

just a coded staff message which I expect they have long forgotten by now, "whats a code 44 base?" :'(

Reminds me of a job we did somewhere where someone just reeled off a list of 'code this that and the other means do this or that' whilst walking down a corridor. Think that was the fire safety training part of the induction.

That explains why they were cheap! Very good though, the bomb alert I did on a fire PA was very clear. "GET OUT BEFORE THE BOMB GOES OFF", well not really, just a coded staff message which I expect they have long forgotten by now, "whats a code 44 base?" :'(

and if you don't "please wait for next announcement - your call is very important to us - please hold".

:roflmao:

was that the pcb module with 4 languadges on, and you supplied the speaker and psu?

if so i had a whale of a time scarring the begeevers out of people, as i had it wired into the reversing lights on the van :rolleyes: .

hear it shouting the fire message in chinesse/spanish just buckled me up every time for some reason.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm really looking for a multi-chimer/sounder gizmo but you aren't half turning up some speech-recording technology! I enquired into the ELK boards but it transpires they're "telephone" quality only, so probably fine for speech but not so good for recording a decent chime sound. I wonder if that goes for all speech recording boards? I haven't completely discounted ELK yet but they no longer look ideal.

I guess those Cebek modules look best right now - certainly cheap enough to give one a whirl. I never realised bow much Spanish I could read if I already knew the subject matter B) .

Thanks for all your help. I'll get back to you with the results!

cheers

obselete though well you cant get the sp4 anymore

Just reminded me of my old boss, we used a lot of Visonic wireless gear but he could never remember to order it on time. Because it's made in Israel he always blamed "the war" over there as the reason we didn't have the bits yet! What a muppet, makes me laugh now.

My Amateur Radio Forum

hi all,

if this project must reaach fruition, and i honestly doubt it will be used for more than a month, or to demonstrate to mate's over a few cans of lager - honest, then as and for a future reference follow the 'king '-:

1) get from B&Q etc 4 pleasing but different 'chimers' off the electrical area.

2) get 4 x transistorised relay module's from any alarm wholesaler or maplins, wire above chimes via the relay springs.

3) wire input of above boards to the (+) 'return' side of the zone (assuming double pole).

4) fit 'killer switch' to save marraige and neighbours from lynching you or your client.

this is completely independent of the alarm systemsignals, but will give individual and very loud 'chimes' depending on sounding device, each time a pir or contact go's in to alarm.

yes, i actually did the above for a total doughnut customer, that is no saying the o/p is one but i get all the 'strange' calls (hic!) had a darn good bottle of wine tonigh (hic!)

the king is *issed.,

(hic!)

regs (hic!)

alan (hic!)

p,s. (hic!)

p.p.s. my wife (hic!) is very (hic!)(hic!) beautiful (hic!)(hic!)(hic!)(hic!)

my moter-in-law (hic!) is also (excuse me, batroom needed) (hic!)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

if this project must reaach fruition, and i honestly doubt it will be used for more than a month, or to demonstrate to mate's over a few cans of lager - honest, then as and for a future reference follow the 'king '-:

1) get from B&Q etc 4 pleasing but different 'chimers' off the electrical area.

2) get 4 x transistorised relay module's from any alarm wholesaler or maplins, wire above chimes via the relay springs.

3) wire input of above boards to the (+) 'return' side of the zone (assuming double pole).

4) fit 'killer switch' to save marraige and neighbours from lynching you or your client.

this is completely independent of the alarm systemsignals, but will give individual and very loud 'chimes' depending on sounding device, each time a pir or contact go's in to alarm.

yes, i actually did the above for a total doughnut customer, that is no saying the o/p is one but i get all the 'strange' calls (hic!) had a darn good bottle of wine tonigh (hic!)

the king is *issed.,

(hic!)

regs (hic!)

alan (hic!)

p,s. (hic!)

p.p.s. my wife (hic!) is very (hic!)(hic!) beautiful (hic!)(hic!)(hic!)(hic!)

my moter-in-law (hic!) is also (excuse me, batroom needed) (hic!)

I wonder what Mr. Nacoss would make of that....... :cold2:

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for a sounder module for indoor use that provides a selection of "nice" tones such as chimes, buzzes, whoops and other delights. ... If not I'm going to have to resort to throwing 3 miscellaneous piezo sounders into a box and that's not going to sound good!

Thanks for any advice!

Just in case anyone wanted to know the outcome of this...

I stumbled across a Velleman kit (K8030) that allows 5 different 4s-long sounds to be recorded and replayed and I figured if I wired up a few relays to fire the inputs that should do the trick and at

Archived