Security Installer Community

Multi-sounder

chris123

I'm looking for a sounder module for indoor use that provides a selection of "nice" tones such as chimes, buzzes, whoops and other delights. Ideally it's 12V powered and directly connectable to low-going alarm outputs so, for example, I can connect 3 outputs from the alarm to get three different chime sounds according to whichever zone has been activated. This seems such a do-able and useful item but I'm having a real hard time finding one. Does anyone know of such a thing? If not I'm going to have to resort to throwing 3 miscellaneous piezo sounders into a box and that's going to sound good!

Thanks for any advice!

Guest Alarm Guard
I'm looking for a sounder module for indoor use that provides a selection of "nice" tones such as chimes, buzzes, whoops and other delights. Ideally it's 12V powered and directly connectable to low-going alarm outputs so, for example, I can connect 3 outputs from the alarm to get three different chime sounds according to whichever zone has been activated. This seems such a do-able and useful item but I'm having a real hard time finding one. Does anyone know of such a thing? If not I'm going to have to resort to throwing 3 miscellaneous piezo sounders into a box and that's going to sound good!

Thanks for any advice!

Pyronix did one some years back... don't know if they still do. It had different sounders (I can't remember exactly what they were) and 2 seperately driven LED's as well

Thanks for any advice!

www.maplins.co.uk

Enjoy

cheers

Pyronix did one some years back... don't know if they still do. It had different sounders (I can't remember exactly what they were) and 2 seperately driven LED's as well

Thanks. They seem to make a combined internal sounder and extension speaker nowadays, not really suitable.

Guest Alarm Guard
Thanks. They seem to make a combined internal sounder and extension speaker nowadays, not really suitable.

Yes, I remember now... that is what it was. We only ever used one. Sorry it didn't help

A couple of years ago I fitted a Visonic recordable PCB to a fire PA. It didn't cost that much but it "may" have had more then one recording/playback channel. Go mad with it using WAV files off of the Internet! I like Dr. Whos Tardis noise! U may be able to run a speaker off of it or something similar??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

A couple of years ago I fitted a Visonic recordable PCB to a fire PA. It didn't cost that much but it "may" have had more then one recording/playback channel. Go mad with it using WAV files off of the Internet! I like Dr. Whos Tardis noise! U may be able to run a speaker off of it or something similar??

Jackpot! I didn't find the Visonic item but half an hour of googling led me to this: speech recorder. 8 messages controlled by 8 inputs... just the job. Pity it's $150 mind, but at least I now know that *somebody* in the world makes such a thing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - it's amazing the difference a word can make when using search engines!

Thanks for your help!

Jackpot! I didn't find the Visonic item but half an hour of googling led me to this: speech recorder. 8 messages controlled by 8 inputs... just the job. Pity it's $150 mind, but at least I now know that *somebody* in the world makes such a thing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - it's amazing the difference a word can make when using search engines!

Thanks for your help!

I googled for you, use several of these for the same result...

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:27-vR...t=clnk&cd=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes, that's where I'd be getting the collection of sounders from if I can't get me an all-in-one module that sounds nice.

cheers

i have to ask why chris?

on balance, after about a week most domestic customers just turn off the chime once the novelty where's off. it's a pia every time the door go's in middle of the soccer, or the kids sneek back late after sleep over's. can be rsponsible for killing your ardour to but won't go into that.

the Gartec range of panels offer's 2 chime tones built in so back door front dorr are identified, i bet there are others too might have more tones.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived