Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9454 Battery Change Problem

Guest jrcsheffield

Guest jrcsheffield

Hello - this is my first post so be gentle with me!

Having recently moved into a house with a Scantronic 9454 fitted, I discovered the back up gel battery in the main unit wanted replacing. I have now done this but cannot clear the service/fault + tamper lights despite reading through this forums pages and the user manual.

From what I have read here - I have tried just the reset code and the reset code twice and that the tamper switch is not misaligned - can anyone shed any light on the next step please.

many thanks John

Guest jrcsheffield
as per forum rules no defaulting info will be given

So Mr Wilson do you have any useful advice for a 'newbie' - how should I tackle this problem if this forum cannot help me?

thanks John

How did you discover the battery needed replacing?

Previous owner was told by alarm engineer before he left premises it was coming to its end of life so I substituted it and low and behold the alarm one was completely duff.

thanks John

mr sheffield, i suggest if the code you have is not functioning you get a pro in to look at it. My post was not so much aimed at you, but more as an explanation as to why you may not recieve any answers. As you wont on that topic for obvious reasons. What do you want us to say 'enter the magic code 2323' or something. If you system is not resetting using you user code then its more of a problem. Who installed it and why dont you wnat them to have a look at it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Perhaps you should call the engineer who spotted the battery was coming towards the end of its life. I assume he tested it and was aware of the install dates?

cheers

Guest jrcsheffield
mr sheffield, i suggest if the code you have is not functioning you get a pro in to look at it. My post was not so much aimed at you, but more as an explanation as to why you may not recieve any answers. As you wont on that topic for obvious reasons. What do you want us to say 'enter the magic code 2323' or something. If you system is not resetting using you user code then its more of a problem. Who installed it and why dont you wnat them to have a look at it?

I guess I should have just sought professional advice/assistance in the first place but a misguided friend suggested this forum.

Having great faith in human nature I know not all this forums members can be like you.

Senior Systems Engineer - Sheffield.

Good bye.

I guess I should have just sought professional advice/assistance in the first place but a misguided friend suggested this forum.

Having great faith in human nature I know not all this forums members can be like you.

Senior Systems Engineer - Sheffield.

Good bye.

Professional advise is here 24/7

If your a senior systems engineer, then i query your intent.

Having recently moved into a house with a Scantronic 9454 fitted, I discovered the back up gel battery in the main unit wanted replacing. I have now done this but cannot clear the service/fault + tamper lights despite reading through this forums pages and the user manual.

Service\fault\tamper lights on. :hmm:

After much thinking I have come to the conclusion that your system could be telling you that it wants a service, that there may be a fault and it could be with the tamper circuit(s).

You say you have checked the tamper spring. There will be more than 1. There will also be all of the cables connecting these springs to the panel.

Going only on what I've read in this thread I'd recommend you get the unit professionally serviced.

Archived