Security Installer Community

First Timer

Rufuss

Would'nt recommend a Scantronic for a newbie, even the 9448+ needs a manual to program unless you know them well. I would stick with a Texecom Premier, the manual is nice and easy to follow.

Only for a pro fit - it doesn't come with a manual remember, how would he set it up?

Programming a Galaxy on a basic, non-compliant bells only system is'nt that difficult IMO. The menu structure makes it reasonably straightforward. I fitted my first without a manual and did OK.

Trade Member

Thanks for the info so far Lads,

If I went for the texacom premier some one mentioned i could use zones on the key pads?? Instead of an expansion unit??

Can these be used/programmed for timed access/exiting??

Sorry if these questions are so basic

Thanks

Rufuss

Hello,

This is my first post so please go easy!

I have just purchased a property which I am currently renovating and since purchasing it has been broken into twice. So I need an alarm quick.

I am a qualified Maintenace Technician (Industrial) with 2381 and 2391 so not a numpty just inexpeiranced in alarm systems.

I have only done 2 jobs on an alarm system which were pretty basic one was relocating a PIR and replacing a N/G battery these were on a optima panel.

I need a system capable of monitoring 10 zones and 4 remote pads due to the odd lay out of the property.

If any one could recommend a good make/model thats capable of monitoring 10 zones I would be gratefull.

Thanks in Advance

Rufuss

Texacom is good stuff if u can get it, I don't know their model line up for 10 zones but if you are using 4 keypads with Texacom you could use cheaper LED keypads and one LCD keypad. With 4 keypads these will be more expensive then the panel I suspect, check prices of keypads first!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Ah, I see where it went wrong now!

Texacom Panels

I have never fitted one of these models, but they are normally well priced. LCD/LED KP for some but not all.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived