Security Installer Community

Mechanical Bell On Bt Line.

dpaengineer

As the others have mentioned, any connection like that would be a non approved connection and would put a fault on the line, as well as piping noise back up to the exchange,everytime someone pressed the bell. Also the bell wouldnt really work properly anyway as ringing voltage is 95v ac, so just sticking the 3 wire to 2 would make the bell ding for about a fiftieth of a sec.

I would advise him to stop being such a cheapskate and fund a proper doorbell system

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

hi all,

seems he wants to achieve 2 jobs on the one bell, i'd bet there were 2 seperate bells of simular sound and power and the door one 's psu has died.

if its the case you must use one hp bell, you can get a module which sense's incommong ring on the line and operates a relay. i use these for porter pagers but you can run what you want off the springs side with in reason, so like a master blaster perhaps and /or strobes. keep every thing isolated to reduce legality and/or safety issues with BT, client and yourself.

don't go the chepest route just to save the client a few coins, always go the correct route and do the job properly, it will pay dividends beleive me, and be vfm to.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived