Security Installer Community

Guardall And A Wickes Panel

Guest mrdee0

Well,

Ive moved into a house with an alarm system. It has two control panels-inthe hall is the rascal Super, and in the understairs cupboard is a wickes panel. I set it overnight and it went off. The light on both panels showed a tamper light pointing to 2. This suggests its the wickes box tamper.

Firstly im wondering how could two of these control panels be wired together and whether this may be the cause. They both seem to work together because i was able to change the pin code onthe rascal and when i tried the pin onthe wickes unit it worked fine.

Im puzzled that two panels from two different makes could be wired together and work together like this.

What should be my next course of action and what costs am i looking at? My budget is tight as ive just moved in.

Thanks

Dee

I thinks the early Wickes panels were rebadged Guardalls , the Rascal Super had the facility to have a remote keypad, so you have a Wickes alarm , controled by a Guardall rkp.(with a tamper fault).

Agree with Colin , it is probably a poor diy install.

Regards.

I thinks the early Wickes panels were rebadged Guardalls , the Rascal Super had the facility to have a remote keypad, so you have a Wickes alarm , controled by a Guardall rkp.(with a tamper fault).

Agree with Colin , it is probably a poor diy install.

Regards.

Interesting..the previous owner was a diy-er from the evidence of the workbench and tool holders inthe shed and the tons of tiles grout plastering sand etc found there.

Thanks for the info. I think i'll get someone in and ask they remove the wickes and have one main panel. I feel like just getting someone to install a full system and rip out all the old stuff-ill check my budget after the new year.

Archived