Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Control Panel

Guest SithLordHood

Guest SithLordHood

Hi,

Well whilst decorating I decided to remove the main control unit from the wall so I could paint round it neatly.

Hovever, this obviously set off the Tamper Alarm which I guessed it would. But now (unlike my previous alarm) I can't seem to reset it and the control panel keeps flashing

"Lid Tamper, Reset Required".

When I moved into the house I was only provided with the normal code to set/unset the alarm and no enginner code.

Is there a way for one to clear the error code or do I need to get in touch with the original installation company?

Thanks!

Simon

On a seperate note I've got to go to one of these beasts tomorrow, its fitted with a digi and one of those wireless rx modules. Its the only one of its type we fitted however on 2 previous occassions in its 3 year life span its decided to lose the RX wireless module. The first time just powered it down and then up and it was ok, the last time it happened we replaced the cable and its been ok for a year now its happened again?!?! Anyone shed any light as to what it could be ... its about 1m away from the panel! By the way it may be 9752 I'm not 100% sure!

Trade Member

On a seperate note I've got to go to one of these beasts tomorrow, its fitted with a digi and one of those wireless rx modules. Its the only one of its type we fitted however on 2 previous occassions in its 3 year life span its decided to lose the RX wireless module. The first time just powered it down and then up and it was ok, the last time it happened we replaced the cable and its been ok for a year now its happened again?!?! Anyone shed any light as to what it could be ... its about 1m away from the panel! By the way it may be 9752 I'm not 100% sure!

i had very similar issue with a customer and rang scanny tech support who told me its either the panel or the rfx reciever, anyway talking to the customer he said he has quite a few issues with electricity "flickers" in the house. i fitted one of those mains spur filters and it seemed to of have cured the fault . i dread every 6 months when his maintenance comes up but for the last year its been good.

Must be the RX picking up something I would say. If the panel was doing something major, there ought to be some significant entry with the timings in the log. I would have thought it would go into tamper at the moment it loses sight of the extra zones, so can the customer not pin-point any anything time relevent.

( i.e. power surge/loss, lights flicker/dim taxi's, Econ7 switching etc). What other radio/remote stuff has he got in the house, etc) Might not be much help but it's good if you can identify a pattern... Sorry !

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Archived