Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Control Panel

Guest SithLordHood

Thanks for all your input aswell and sorry for hijacking this thread. I visited site yesterday, put it into engineer and then back out again and the fault was still there. Powered down the rx unit without opening the panel, then powered up and then it managed to find it again. I think we may try a new rx unit. They do have wireless internet but I think its only recently theyve got it. Thanks again.

Trade Member

Firstly scantronic re-set enter code twice should re set the lid tamper unless it has been set to engineer only on tampers

secondly the scanny 9954 rx expander

1 is the data line for it fed from the key pad or from the buss

it should be off the key pad

2 is the adress for the expander different to the key pad if they are both wired from the panel changing the add of the expander will help

hope this points you in the right sort of direction

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Firstly scantronic re-set enter code twice should re set the lid tamper unless it has been set to engineer only on tampers

secondly the scanny 9954 rx expander

1 is the data line for it fed from the key pad or from the buss

it should be off the key pad

2 is the adress for the expander different to the key pad if they are both wired from the panel changing the add of the expander will help

hope this points you in the right sort of direction

... Its off of the bus so could I run the keypad off of the rx expander would that be the same and would it help?! We generally use the Premier panels where you can do what you like so this is new to me! I'm not sure what the address is set at for the expander its been a few years since we did it. Thanks for your help!

Trade Member

yes thats fine ive only had problems when the adress of the key pad and the expander are the same

also you dont have to totaly power down the panel it should read key pads expanders ect when you first power them up so drop the volts of the buss add what you need to and then reconect the volts it should find it all

check the data line for induced voltage and fit an act 1313 just as a precution

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Guest SithLordHood

Yeh just tried that but no good. Thanks anyway!

I'm getting the unit looked at tomorrow so should be sorted then.

Archived