Security Installer Community

Ljd 16 Output 12v Power Unit

Business Cam

Dear All,

LJD is selling a 16 output power unit for NO TRADE PRICES IN THE PUBLIC FORUMS PLEASE! (I think, can't remember the exact figure). From the paper specification, it sounds alright. It has maximum output limit so there is no need for any fuse replacement - you only have to power-cycle the unit to reset it again.

We have been using Dantech. It is reliable, but the annoying things are those fuses. Fuse blown could be a genuine cause of concern or just a one-off thing. It is costly to ask an engineer to go and replace a fuse (or just investigate). If there is no fuse, then we would send out a camera and ask the engineer to replace it.

My concern is that LJD is not the most reliable supplier, and I am wondering how reliable are those power units. Have any one of you used one of those LJD power unit? Is there any other alternative in the market (power unit with no fuse)?

Best regards,

Edward

Fuse blown could be a genuine cause of concern or just a one-off thing

fuses always blow for a reason. I prefer fuses anyday, you can look at the fuse it will help you work out what sort of fault your looking for, ie just blown slight over load, fuse completly obliterated = dead short

never used ljd so cant commant on that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If its the same as one an end user bought recently that we saw i would be reluctant to go anywhere near it.

Open the lid and the mains connections were totally unprotected and too easily accessible. The lid/cover did not have any earthing straps and/or terminals. It also had a very suspect CE label on it.

When the customer enquired about the earthing issues, LJD allegedly said it wasn't a problem has the hinge was metal. At this point the site electricians refused to allow them to be fitted and had them returned.

Being a key component of any system, i would argue that the psu should not be chosen solely because it seemed like a bargain or worse, cheapest available. Another point to consider with a 16way psu. One or two outputs may fail but you have a major disaster if the transformer or pcb should fail.

Andrew

Thanks for your comments.

Per 500mA port, LJD PSU is more expensive than LJD.

I have never used LJD or any cheapy companies DVR, so I don't know how bad they are. I have only tried their BNC plugs, and that was a nightware ....

But if //.National Installer.// is using LJD DVR, then I guess it is fairly reliable.

If anyone has used LJD PSU, please let me know. I am keen to give it a try based on its specs.

Earthing by the hinge is good enough. And I feel the mains are adequately protected. And I guess a PSU does not require a lot of support and service. I am more concerned about the life and reliablity of the product.

Do you guys know any PSU out there that has thermal fuse?

Best regards,

Edward

Earthing by the hinge is good enough. And I feel the mains are adequately protected. And I guess a PSU does not require a lot of support and service. I am more concerned about the life and reliablity of the product.

Best regards,

Edward

Not sure i'm comfortable with that 'feature', especially when the model i saw had the mains input unprotected and very close to the lid. Hinges do do not give good earth continuity.

Andrew

Archived