Security Installer Community

On Call

stewymac

who does call here???? im currently trying to get the following for free i may add for the enginees where i work----------

free pa systems (police responce) for on call engineers homes(for engineers wife/kids while he is out at all hours)

some kind of gps based pa system for the engineer while out at daft oclock,linked to arc and with police attendance if activated.

does anyone agree or get these benefits.....???

I used to get supplied a URN and the means to communicate with the ARC...

Didn't cost the boss much, and it was appreciated.

thats a start...mark my words this will happen...systems are getting more complex,buidings are getting physically harder to break into...some engineers are gonnna get forced by what ever means to disable a system...thats why we need greater protection..

Major bone of contention this. Most of the big nationals have a log in log out system, but how many of them chase you up if you dont log job off.

Other people have this problem in their work. My wife used to work for local authority and would be out doing inspections until sometimes as late as 10oclock. Not that late i agree but a lot of the places were out in the middle of nowhere and she was on her own with no mobile signal on occasions (no she was not playing around, i know what you are thinking you pervs). I asked her if her work had any way of keeping tabs on her and when she got home. No such buddying system at all. If something happened to her no one at work would no where she was until the next day when they checked her diary, and i had no numbers to ring in an emergency. I eventually persuaded her to set up a buddy system with her work mate so they both new where they were working and partners had each others numbers. The council would not sanction the idea though as if they did and something happened they could be liable. Better do nothing then have no responsibility.

sounds good to me,its what we all need...

It's called Identicom and works over the GSM network.

When pressed, you can record a message for the ARC.

Something along the lines of

"I am going into a dark alley, and it's full of nutters with Knives. My location is I must be Mad Street, Asylum Land"

This also puts the ARC on "amber alert". Then if needed I think you can up it to Red alert, the ARC will play back your message and get you the appropriate response.

They sold a load to NHS, but currently only have around 400 subscribers.

If you want details, I can get them for you.

P.S. PinPoint is the GPS tracker for stock. They can't call it that anymore, cause the manufacturers got sued over trademark infringement. It is now called EmTrac (so the story goes.....allegedley).

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

• 1 month later...
sounds good to me,its what we all need...

Its actually called Identicom.

It utilises a badge which you either wear around your neck or via a clip.

If you get into trouble press the button on back or break the neck cord and it creates a PA signal to the ARC.

They can then locate you and police the activation. Also they are able to listen into the device with one way audio so can also verify and record the incident for evidence.

A good bit of kit... :rolleyes:

It's called Identicom and works over the GSM network.

When pressed, you can record a message for the ARC.

Something along the lines of

"I am going into a dark alley, and it's full of nutters with Knives. My location is I must be Mad Street, Asylum Land"

This also puts the ARC on "amber alert". Then if needed I think you can up it to Red alert, the ARC will play back your message and get you the appropriate response.

They sold a load to NHS, but currently only have around 400 subscribers.

If you want details, I can get them for you.

P.S. PinPoint is the GPS tracker for stock. They can't call it that anymore, cause the manufacturers got sued over trademark infringement. It is now called EmTrac (so the story goes.....allegedley).

Called Mytrack now

Its actually called Identicom.

It utilises a badge which you either wear around your neck or via a clip.

If you get into trouble press the button on back or break the neck cord and it creates a PA signal to the ARC.

They can then locate you and police the activation. Also they are able to listen into the device with one way audio so can also verify and record the incident for evidence.

A good bit of kit... :rolleyes:

Company trading name is Connexion2, based in Dinnington Sth Yorks.

I was there last week and found them to be both very helpful and knowledgeable.

Andrew

:rolleyes:

Archived