Security Installer Community

How Do I Stop This Alarm?

Guest Douglass

Guest Douglass

Hello! I have just bought a house fitted with an Optima 2 Plus alarm. This works ok but appears to be wired to one of the sockets circuit breakers in my comsumer unit. When this is switched out to permit electrical work elswhere the alarm sounds and the alarm panel goes dead. In effect no other work can be done on my sockets or ring main without the alarm sounding! Is there a cure for this?

Thanks

Hello! I have just bought a house fitted with an Optima 2 Plus alarm. This works ok but appears to be wired to one of the sockets circuit breakers in my comsumer unit. When this is switched out to permit electrical work elswhere the alarm sounds and the alarm panel goes dead. In effect no other work can be done on my sockets or ring main without the alarm sounding! Is there a cure for this?

Thanks

The cure would be to get the alarm system serviced, batteries changed and any faults rectified.

The battery is either faulty or it is not being charged due to a fault with the alarm itself.

Would probably be a good idea to get it looked at and set to how you want it.

Look on the bright side. At least nobody can steal your sockets.. ;)

Yeah, those brass ones are well expensive.

All joking aside it sounds like a duff battery, but its best to check the charging cct as well.

cheers

Thanks

New Battery or a very large hammer hitit

Archived