Security Installer Community

"test" Switch For "security" Output

cjd

I assume oldhand meant reprogrammin the b key to go straight to it, but i think normans suggestion is the one. Or use a zone and a keyswitch or even a test push button in a secure area

I think i recall without digging back hes limited on zones so forget links.

Switches were the better idea, as for a test button if its public areas its too much of a risk for a false alarm.

cheers

I think i recall without digging back hes limited on zones so forget links.

Switches were the better idea, as for a test button if its public areas its too much of a risk for a false alarm.

cheers

so can he not use a prox keypad instead of a button or keyswitch? no wear and tear, no code surfing, no public access and he can be put down the end where he wants to operate it from.

needs indication, then stick an output module in, some pretty LED's job done surely?

sorry i spoke, i don't know this panel, so ill just slip back to my Ovaltine (from the rusty can) and brandy from my hot water bottle :cold2:

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so can he not use a prox keypad instead of a button or keyswitch? no wear and tear, no code surfing, no public access and he can be put down the end where he wants to operate it from.

needs indication, then stick an output module in, some pretty LED's job done surely?

sorry i spoke, i don't know this panel, so ill just slip back to my Ovaltine (from the rusty can) and brandy from my hot water bottle :cold2:

regs

alan

Its a old 60, dont know how its loaded. But from his questions its full on zones at least, hence the links options being disregarded.

Tag would have to be use only and without links available i`m not sure it can even work from a assigned rkp.Will have to look that up.

Keyswitch is far the easiest, any authorised member of staff can do a fire drill and not bother anyone else.

Ovaltine and brandy, yuk

cheers

you could use a max reader but its a bit of overkill. I think a code is fine. To be honest i think a test switch (normal push to break type) in a secure location is fine too but if ya want to spend the money and think your gonna be testing it so much your gonna wear a keypad out then use a prox reader.

A link from a code to an output wont require a single zone to be used though

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Its a old 60, dont know how its loaded. But from his questions its full on zones at least, hence the links options being disregarded.

Tag would have to be use only and without links available i`m not sure it can even work from a assigned rkp.Will have to look that up.

Keyswitch is far the easiest, any authorised member of staff can do a fire drill and not bother anyone else.

Ovaltine and brandy, yuk

cheers

hi OH,

i was thinking of the 'stand alone' prox units lke the old Tag in a Bag' ones, for arround the same cost these days as a key pad + the fobs.

personally hate those surface shunt switches, lock works loose or cam falls of.

whats wrong with Ovaltine and Brandy, don't knock it until you try it :whistle:

regs

alan

hi OH,

i was thinking of the 'stand alone' prox units lke the old Tag in a Bag' ones, for arround the same cost these days as a key pad + the fobs.

personally hate those surface shunt switches, lock works loose or cam falls of.

whats wrong with Ovaltine and Brandy, don't knock it until you try it :whistle:

regs

alan

Just being pedantic, I don't touch spirits any more. Brandy was my favourite though especially the more expensive stuff.

cheers

WOW!!, I hadn't realised there'd be so much interset in what i though twould be such a simple question!! Some great answers and some valid reason why certain ones qouldn't be possible, some of which I hadn't thought of! James - could you explain how i would go about setting up a link from a code to an output please. This seems the best way forward and I would be most greatful if you'd explainhow to sort it out - Thanks to all for their excellent suggestions.

it occured to me you wanted a simple idea, a toggle switch would be tampered with, keypad/prox is expensive, so working on the KISS ethos why not simply use a surface door contact and a magnet, kept perhaps near by? place magnet on reed activates options, remove magnet back to normal. as its a fire test its not a security implication from wht i've read.

cheap, it works and not too easy to fiddle with by clients, just don'y put the magnet in you pocket with your credit cards :cry:

you can get a 'service' type swith used in public buildings to control lights etc, operated witha small lever.

regs

alan

Archived