Security Installer Community

"test" Switch For "security" Output

cjd

Hi all, ages since i wrote a question on here.(thank the lord i hear you say!! ) I have a galaxy 60 panel, and have 3 zones that are programmed as a "security" zone which has a different output sounder because they are fire exits and I felt that they needed to have a more distinct sound than the normal internal sounder. Since they panel is used at my campsite and we have alot of vistors, is there any way that I can add some sort of "test" switch which I could use to allow visitors to hear the sound without having to open one of the doors and reset the system. I am not being lazy but, it becomes rather annoying when you have to walk from one end of the building to the other to reset the system on the keypad and you only need to have a short burst of sound as opposed to a minute or two!! The other way I have done it is to enter the engineer mode and go into the "test" menu and select the "security" zone to test. This again is a pain, not to mention a problem for other staff - they can just about manage to enter their own code let alone put in another one and fiddle with settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all, ages since i wrote a question on here.(thank the lord i hear you say!! ) I have a galaxy 60 panel, and have 3 zones that are programmed as a "security" zone which has a different output sounder because they are fire exits and I felt that they needed to have a more distinct sound than the normal internal sounder. Since they panel is used at my campsite and we have alot of vistors, is there any way that I can add some sort of "test" switch which I could use to allow visitors to hear the sound without having to open one of the doors and reset the system. I am not being lazy but, it becomes rather annoying when you have to walk from one end of the building to the other to reset the system on the keypad and you only need to have a short burst of sound as opposed to a minute or two!! The other way I have done it is to enter the engineer mode and go into the "test" menu and select the "security" zone to test. This again is a pain, not to mention a problem for other staff - they can just about manage to enter their own code let alone put in another one and fiddle with settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Easiest is to add another zone to the panel with the same attributes and wire it to a keyswitch. turn key, you get noise.

cheers

Easiest is to add another zone to the panel with the same attributes and wire it to a keyswitch. turn key, you get noise.

cheers

I had thought of that, the only problem is i dont have any spare zones and i idnt really want to run another wire from the panel. Any other suggestions, if not the i guess i'll have to try and loose a zone

thanks

I had thought of that, the only problem is i dont have any spare zones and i idnt really want to run another wire from the panel. Any other suggestions, if not the i guess i'll have to try and loose a zone

thanks

Wire the existing zone in series or parallel to the keyswitch. (Dont ask about series or parallel pls)

cheers

Wire the existing zone in series or parallel to the keyswitch. (Dont ask about series or parallel pls)

cheers

great, hadn't thought of that one!! cheers. Know how to do that - i think. I did it on th eone fire exit but used the key switch to override the door contact so it could be opened withouth the alarm sounding. cheers:)

Programme a separate code linked to the same sounder, easy peasy, no messing with wires or switches. When you want to test just type the code and again to cancell the sounders, make it something easy like 9999 etc.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

cheers

Why should'nt he ask(i take it is a he...could be a she i guess????) ask about series or parallel....seems lke a reasonable question???????????? :eekout:

Archived