Security Installer Community

Part P Crap

binthere

Just a question to seek views:

Part P covers wet area's i.e kitchen's and bathroom's

The law states part p is required for all electrical work in those area's which includes low voltage 12v systems, fortunatly an allowance in law has permitted kitchen s to be exempt.

There is no allowance for bathroom's !!

Test requirement's for part p require a 500v insulation test not a good idea for 12v systems !!!!

You do a bungalow with a vulnerable bathroom, what do YOU personally do !

I believe NACOSS are a bit iffy on this one.

Views welcome : :hmm:

my understanding is that the 500v insulation test only applies to the mains feed, to test that the wire of the circuit you are breaking into, is okay. and i think anything which is below 50v is exempt from part p ****. please correct me if i am wrong and if lurch is around he will give you chapter and verse, as will some of the other, who's names slip my memory, i am getting old. :P

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

We had that letter and were pointed to this by NECIEC, pay particular attention to note3. special locations.

It does say ELV though not SELV, so still clear as mud.

Pocket_20Guide_208.pdf

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Just a question to seek views:

Part P covers wet area's i.e kitchen's and bathroom's

The law states part p is required for all electrical work in those area's which includes low voltage 12v systems, fortunatly an allowance in law has permitted kitchen s to be exempt.

There is no allowance for bathroom's !!

Test requirement's for part p require a 500v insulation test not a good idea for 12v systems !!!!

You do a bungalow with a vulnerable bathroom, what do YOU personally do !

I believe NACOSS are a bit iffy on this one.

Views welcome : :hmm:

I thought that would be a good question I 'Think' it means kitchen exempt bathroom a 'no' which make's

'Part P' even more stupid, fOR US !

I am of the opinion any electrical device means 'ANY' electrical device.

Which is a pile of 's t' because if the villain realises this absolutly stupid beyond belief fact I might be so bold as to ask where is his/her obvious point of entry.

Perhaps we should ALL register for Part P and pay

Archived