Security Installer Community

Night Vision Advise

Guest mccltd

Now your asking for the impossible :P

Regards

Bellman

Anybody watch xfactor?

I reckon the mcdonalds are deffo gone this week. Wish they would get shot of Ashley, I reckon he sounds awful, maybe i'm just tone deaf.

Dave

I can't believe a] that I just read through this 3 page thread on a Saturday night, and b] that I'm actually posting in it :hmm:

Director of Cop Security has quite eloquently explained the reasons for his company's policy on trade only supply, and as it's his business, quite frankly it's really none of ours.

A company that provides a high level of service to appreciative customers, is worth it's weight in gold. Now whether those customers are trade or end users doesn't matter so much as whether the customers are happy with the arrangement.

As most installers prefer to be supplied by a company that is dedicated to their needs, it's a proven arrangement that has been around since the earliest days of trading.

Now there's absolutely nothing to stop a subsidiary company being set up to supply to end users at inflated ... sorry, market prices, but I'd have to agree that a company that supplies CCTV / IP Video both to trade and end users will rarely succeed in the long run.

Being all things to all men (and women :) ) is a difficult trick to master, and few manage to achieve that consistantly over a long period of time.

There are enough supply companies in the market to satisfy anyones needs, it's just not always obvious which ones to go with :unsure:

Apologies to mccltd. for straying somewhat off topic. Hopefully his needs can be better addressed in subsequent postings.

I think Chris COPed it (:roflmao:) because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He replied to a post cutwitt jumped on the fact he was a supplier.

It's all sorted now and all parties understand the situation.

AND my camera 3 still looks sexy in darkness. :lol:

cheers

Dave

I think Chris COPed it (:roflmao:) because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He replied to a post cutwitt jumped on the fact he was a supplier.

It's all sorted now and all parties understand the situation.

AND my camera 3 still looks sexy in darkness. :lol:

cheers

Dave

Rumbled!

Just for the record, I am not whoever chris thinks I am, I do not have a website and I do not sell stuff .

Nice camera Dave, where can I buy one?

Thanks for your replies,

Director of Cop you say you only supply to the trade, I own Medway Computer Components Ltd and sell Geovision and cameras from one company but they dont seem to know much about night vision.

Would you be able to supply to me?

We do supply alot of local cctv companies with computers etc for their systems.

Anyway with regards the camera required.

I would say the throw would be about 20 metres, and there is one street light but way down the road.

I have two normal cameras out there but just show black at night.

Wide angle would also be good.

If you would like you can log onto http://87.248.129.49:6800/

The user name and password are both ' guest '

There is a PTZ that you can control out the front and if you turn it to show the houses opposite that is where I'm trying to view.

One of the stones has now smashed the outa pain of the window

Thanks,

Dave.

www.medwaycomputers.co.uk

www.instantpc.co.uk

www.bigblueIT.net

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for your replies,

One of the stones has now smashed the outa pain of the window

Thanks,

Dave.

www.medwaycomputers.co.uk

www.instantpc.co.uk

www.bigblueIT.net

Hi Dave,

have you concidered using thin mesh screens (perhaps made from chicken wire) on the windows as an alternative approach? perhaps not too pretty and this won't catch the perpetrators, but often yobs will lose interest if you can stop their 'fun' and then after a period of time remove them.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Director of COP Security
Rumbled!

Just for the record, I am not whoever chris thinks I am, I do not have a website and I do not sell stuff .

Nice camera Dave, where can I buy one?

Oh yea I just read back through all the posts and your quite rite I got you confused with mccltd, sorry :rolleyes:

Archived