Security Installer Community

Automatic Electronic Cinema Screen

Red Fox UK

OH i dont think he was meaning that, and that admin badge scared me!

I feel he does need a psu as there isnt enough power from that output to drive a relay, As bellman says a reed relay might but i have tried galvonic tiny little relays and they still need about 2mA and that isnt always there, (maybe a 5v one would) but even then you cant run mains through that so it would still need a psu.

And its not an alarm, etc so we can advise opening the thing up its great lol

James

banghead banghead banghead

#whats the switching provided from his equipment, or have i missed something?

4k7 was mentioned, so a normally open going closed?

//.B.W.F.// i answered this, it your fault James, you owe me a pint now for this

Funniest thing I heard all day!!

laugh all you want, at least if i dont know something i ask the relevant experts.

I have had to use what you require and have tried to help, all you have done is piss ball about with comments and confess to not wanting to call the people whom could help you even more.

Admin or not, your attitude sucks.

laugh all you want, at least if i dont know something i ask the relevant experts.

I have had to use what you require and have tried to help, all you have done is piss ball about with comments and confess to not wanting to call the people whom could help you even more.

Admin or not, your attitude sucks.

I have been researching this all day, the last thing I need is some nerd tell me what I already know. Feel free to point me in the direction of an assembled product which will do as requested without requiring a seperate 12v supply.

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

4k7 i think was the resitnace of the coil on the relay he had tried and failed with

Exactly. The resistance in the coil on these relays requires much more current on the 12v trigger than 4.7kilohms. Effectively the voltage is dropped to just above 0v.

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

Oi dim wit, calling me a nerd isnt exactly a good thing considering your admin here is it!

#Your admin, all i have done all evening is try to help.

This is typical of whats been said recently, i notice your posting count is close to //.B.W.F.//, compared to others. Is there a reason for this?

i can sort your problem out in 5 seconds now i know ALL the details, BTH this is a public area so i will stop now.

cheers

Archived