Security Installer Community

Automatic Electronic Cinema Screen

Red Fox UK

Hang on a min guys,

Does this screen stop automatically when it's fully up / down or does it only stop when you take your finger off the button? :hmm:

If it's the latter then you need a timed relay or some limit switches to cut the power when the screen is either fully up or down.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Alarm Guard
As with most relays does this require something more than 4.7kilohms?

Maybe it's me.... but I don't know what you mean by a 4K7 trigger...... It's a long time since I was at college, so perhaps I have lost track of something...... but surely you just need the relay to close the circuit....

The motor has up and down stops that you set up manually.

Cool,

In that case any DPDT 12v coil 240v switching relay that has contacts rated higher in amps than the load of the motor will do. :)

if you post the specs for the screen we can give u some links to suitable ones :)

you can get transistorised relays that will take only a few ma to trip.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

The relay only needs a pulse, forget the ohms.

As i tried to say earlier, it just depends on what is being switched. So far its 12volts then its 240 triggers. Until we know whats the trigger voltage we, i cannot help any further.

RS do a tech help line for this particular reason.

Why its not being used is beyond me. You learn by asking questions..........

Not my job, so i aint calling them.

Today just fitted 2 sets of shutters, 1st set with one switch for 3, 2nd set with separate switch for the other 3. All relays, pulse to open, pulse to close all voltage free. So hit one button all 3 come down, this is made by Elero. As your screen is like a roller shutter it may work. Try that. http://www.elerouk.co.uk/

That what i was thinking about earlier, sorry i wasn't seeing the woods for the trees. This unit switches 240 can be remote controlled as well and does loads of tricks.

Hope this helps

cheers

Ps you`ll have to search the site for the control equipment. That way you`ll have not had to phone tech :P

Archived