Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Zone 1 Issue And Other Issues

m1ne5h

Hi I have a concept 6 system with 4 zones. I can set my alarm with my code, but when I activate it, it doesn't seem to recognise that zone 1 the entry/exit point has been crossed where is should sound a little different to the normal 30 second countdown.

I have the engineer manual but am also unable to get into the engineering mode in the usual way. Do I need to perform a total reset to factory resets to clear this condition? or do I really need to call out an engineer. The system was checked over about 2 years ago when the battery was replaced on the main unit

:) how old is the system? and is zone one a door contact or a pir? also what happens when you set the alarm then open zone one.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I've only tried to arm the system when I leave the house. Yes zone 1 is a door contact, and its the one that does not respond when I arm the system e.g. when I arm the system and open the door it should start beeping faster to indicate that the door has been opened and the control panel should show an led for zone 1, this does not occur. I'm just wondering if the system will still arm regardless of this issue.

In terms of how old the system is, well it was installed prior to me moving in 8 years ago.

Also I've not done anything to the system since the battery was replaced about 2 years ago by an engineer.

Thanks for the responses so far

Could be a sticky door contact ,

agreed but for the cost, have it replace just to totally eliminate it. it is eight years+ and get s a little thump every time you close the door. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived