Security Installer Community

Using An Axis 207 Ip Camera Outside

cyberdog

Hi,

I have an Axis 207 IP Camera which i want to fit into an external housing for the front of the house. I am aware that the company says this camera is for internal use only, but i am sure if it is very well protected from the elements it should not come to any halm. Which is the best housing to use for this type of camera.

Thanks

http://www2.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_20..._en_0602_lo.pdf

Similar to most static vandal domes so you should be able to use it with maybe a bit of ptfe/silicon and if you can find a suitable heater/thermo so much the better.

Thanks for that. I see Axis do a nice heated external housing. I could always encase the camera in bubblw rap and silica jel bags.

hi all,

this will give you a smile -:

20 years back when small camera's were a dream and any external one was a real beast, i needed a neat soloution for a front porch. so i used a 'spotlight' camera, i can't remember exactely who made it but i think it was computar? and a plastic sugar bowl from Tesco's as a housing. screwed through the plastic lid into the overhang and pushed the bowl over it securing with 2 small self tappers. i think it is still there and working today.

i got asked to fit several others based on this 'unique' design, it got embarrasing when asked the cost of the housing :rolleyes:

i often wondered if anyone recognised what i had used, but it did look really good in a quirky retro way.

so just says 'need is the mother of all inovation' and the prompt for many a sharp eye perhaps.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The 206 / 207 has an ir cut filter that will be attacked by uv light thats why you shouldt use it outside or viewing outside. It will wreck the chip. But i dont know how long it will take it might last as long as a year or so. But I personally dont calss axis cams as disposible. id buy the right cam for the job. PLus there not good in low light

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The 206 / 207 has an ir cut filter that will be attacked by uv light thats why you shouldt use it outside or viewing outside. It will wreck the chip. But i dont know how long it will take it might last as long as a year or so. But I personally dont calss axis cams as disposible. id buy the right cam for the job. PLus there not good in low light

That is very interesting.Thanks

Archived