Security Installer Community

Zone Mode Options? What Do They Mean?

Guest SnowBum

QUOTE(SnowBum @ Oct 14 2006, 04:49 PM) *

in my line of work if you guess at parameters you could end up causing 10s of thousands of pounds worth of damage to an expensive CNC machine tool.

Pretty much the same here whistle.gif

more like tens of pounds :whistle:

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

The PIRs aren't latching but i have placed all PIRs facing into the rooms not looking at radiators or sources of heat (one exception is the hall PIR which looks down the hall at the front door but since the sun never faces the door i'm hoping that it'll be ok). I've already filled the cable holes with silicon sealer (thought that if i plaster/fillered the holes i might need to pull some cable through at a later date and have to get it out again and it'd be a bitch). All cables have been ran away from mains, they only cross mains at right angles. There aren't any runs parallel with mains. I'm thinking of putting it on soak test for a few days just to make sure i haven't got any areas of false alarms and i don't want to annoy the neighbours.

My concern would be post coming through letter box (assuming you have one). A cold source ie letters or large letter/envelope can sometimes activate a PIR.

Apart from that you seemed to have done a good job for a amateur. As others have commented the thing about multiple detectors on zones is 'bad practice' but you obviously have the knowledge to fault find the problem if one occurs. If we did that as a proffessinal job we would get criticsed by our inspectorate(s) hence the comments you receieved.

As a service engineer myself if i need to attend a premises where a pir has activated there nothing worse than finding a zone with 2 (or more!) sensors on it. If you are lucky they are latching type but more often they are not and have just been wired like this for cheapness and quickness. It is a touchy point therefore with most of us.

But your posts have indicated to me at least that you planned your installation and have a diagnostic plan if oyu do have faults

well done

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

what about part p wheres the mains come from??

has the mains been certed?? :hmm:

He's not said nowt about the mains yet ;)

The mains is a direct feed from the consumer unit from its own 6A MCB through a 3A fused outlet box.

Whoops he now needs to ring building control......

more like tens of pounds :whistle:

The alarm protects the building & its contents in the case of a motor showroom or bonded wharehouse there may be over a million quid worth of responsibility knocking about if things are bodged together, How much is someone

He's not said nowt about the mains yet ;)

Whoops he now needs to ring building control......

The alarm protects the building & its contents in the case of a motor showroom or bonded wharehouse there may be over a million quid worth of responsibility knocking about if things are bodged together, How much is someone

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

i was being sarcastic :unsure:

:hmm: you really need to try harder :P something along these lines?

I assume a CNC machine is largely controlled by programmable logic controls? Where a status input of a control circuit provides a selected response sounds strangely familiar to me

Archived