Security Installer Community

Scantronic Tamper Error

Guest helia

Hi there

1st post to the forum.

Recently moved into new property which has an scantronic 9448es alarm, the alarm was not working and no engineers manual.

Managed to retrieve manual, noticed one of the fuses was bust, replaced and fitted panel back on.

Tamper error showing, reset with screwdriver and applied battery, mains.

Error disappeared, loaded new code.

Tamper error showed again, could this fault be showing if sounder disconnected?

Fuse generally blow for a reason!

It needs checking by an engineer. Its worth paying the money to get it right.

Just trying to do my job

Yes , tamper can be device wiring , panel lid , bell or rkp.

Regards.

fastcar

By connecting sounder and resetting system, connect panel, will this totally remove the tamper error, the alarm will not sound and upset neighbours?

One of the PIR upstairs wasn't working, however I omitted this from the zones, could this also cause error?

Your Knowledge is much appreciated.

fastcar

By connecting sounder and resetting system, connect panel, will this totally remove the tamper error, the alarm will not sound and upset neighbours?

One of the PIR upstairs wasn't working, however I omitted this from the zones, could this also cause error?

Your Knowledge is much appreciated.

hi helia,

firstly you are advised of the lethal potential mains voltages existing within the alarm cabinet, also the risk of injury due to a heavy falling battery.

as alarmgaurd says, it not easy from the very scant info to guide you accurately, the faulty pir may be an indication of a cable being damaged when new carpets or wood floor were being laid, and that may be when the fuse blew, but this could also be a 'red herring'.

resolving your problem is really in a skilled engineers domain, please do not think we are being condescending or protectionist, it's just an honest opinion being offered.

post you lacality and i'm sure someone on here will contact you to offer assistance

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi helia,

firstly you are advised of the lethal potential mains voltages existing within the alarm cabinet, also the risk of injury due to a heavy falling battery.

as alarmgaurd says, it not easy from the very scant info to guide you accurately, the faulty pir may be an indication of a cable being damaged when new carpets or wood floor were being laid, and that may be when the fuse blew, but this could also be a 'red herring'.

resolving your problem is really in a skilled engineers domain, please do not think we are being condescending or protectionist, it's just an honest opinion being offered.

post you lacality and i'm sure someone on here will contact you to offer assistance

regs

alan

Regarding the above, contacted Alarm engineer, Gentleman was in the house for about 1.5hrs, it seems their were several issues with alarm, bell box to panel shorting via staircase, no return tamper and he eventually tried to bypass this.

Reset system and found out the panel was knackered, I certainly wouldn't have been able to diagnose the issue's.

Looks like a new alarm, Guy was pleasant, He would replace with new panel and rewire, cost supplied and fitted

Regarding the above, contacted Alarm engineer, Gentleman was in the house for about 1.5hrs, it seems their were several issues with alarm, bell box to panel shorting via staircase, no return tamper and he eventually tried to bypass this.

Reset system and found out the panel was knackered, I certainly wouldn't have been able to diagnose the issue's.

Looks like a new alarm, Guy was pleasant, He would replace with new panel and rewire, cost supplied and fitted

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived