Security Installer Community

A Few Bewator Access Questions.

Mick

It was gardiners who suggested the bewator. There isn't that many combinrd keypad/ readers available apparantly.

Most of what I use are stand alone KPs, and it's hard to find an ideal. The videx ones have poor number lighting which causes moans in some areas, the bewater ones I had a problem with the lock, and the first ACT10 I tried had a dodgy keypad after a week despite using the rain hood. Apparantly they had a bad production run becasue the replacement has been in for two years without complaint.

Hi Mick,

the unit is a digprox keypad from Gardiners, also have a look at Raytels keypad, thats a smart looking bit of kit :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have a gate job on a development of flats that requires a telephone access system and have selected a Bewator telecode system. I have installed these before on subbie jobs, but never had to do the final commisioning so am not aware of possible snags. Any takers?

I also have another gate that requires control upgrading to a proximity and keypad system and have been recommended the BC43prox. Does this unit do user groups? Initially it was required to have three user groups, but some of the recomdations were expensive and the customer decided to just have a global prox system You either had a token and could get in whenever or you didn't. Thoughts on this one?

you would need the BC615PROX if you wanted stand alone prox / Pin,

the BC43 prox has a data output, you can link to entro or granta

if you wanted good security, why not try the DC800 (entro lite) + BC43 prox, you could always wire the exit request of the telecode to the DC800 so that both systems work in parallel!!

you would need the BC615PROX if you wanted stand alone prox / Pin,

the BC43 prox has a data output, you can link to entro or granta

if you wanted good security, why not try the DC800 (entro lite) + BC43 prox, you could always wire the exit request of the telecode to the DC800 so that both systems work in parallel!!

Yes I got the number wrong on the BC615.

These are both two seperate jobs. I did look at entro lite, and a similar thing by ACT, but you can reach a point on most gate jobs where you have gone too far as it's hard to achieve an overall high level of security. By that I mean hinges can be cut and control panels overridden.

Basically that job has three user groups who were going to be allowed it at different times. I think now it's going to be anyone at anythime.

I fancied a go with one of the PC based systems. I don't get many jobs where thay can be used and it would have been a low stress job to get to grips with it.

The main requirement with the prox system is reliability. This gate is already wired with videx codelocks and intercoms and the owner has had a lot of problems with the system and the company who fitted it charge a lot of cash to come out and they don't repair it properly. It was put in three years ago. The intercom is being changed too, but I think I'm staying with videx for this as that's what I've fitted most of, and the choice of alternatives is way too great.

I fancied a go with one of the PC based systems. I don't get many jobs where thay can be used and it would have been a low stress job to get to grips with it.

If you really fancy a go with a PC based system, you'd be welcome come down to Brighton for a free Net2 training course - very low stress and it's in the dry and warm.

Sorry - couldn't resist! ;)

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

If you really fancy a go with a PC based system, you'd be welcome come down to Brighton for a free Net2 training course - very low stress and it's in the dry and warm.

Sorry - couldn't resist! ;)

and the coffee ain't toooooooooo bad either :whistle:

seriously mick, make the time it's very good kit, well designed and a breeze to fit :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi mick,

perhaps it's me but i found bewater to be very susseptable to faults, i used to cover service on NTL/Telewest sites for a bristol company. the problems were both with stand-a-lone and networked (line opto isolators blowing). i had enough problems to be sworn off bewater for life.

Hi,

cant say i agree with you here, 6 years in the industry with bewator equipment, and cant say i

Wouldn't mind that at all, I like courses, only I'm in Yorkshire. I'm being a bit sad really, I have a toughbook laptop and I feel like I want to find a legitimate use for it.

One of the people I buy gate equipment from really dosen't like dealing with PC based systems. He has only sold one and had loads of hassle with it. Not sure which maker. One weird thing was he said that the programming had to be done directly on the PC that was controling the system? So if you did the programming on a laptop, you couldn't transfer the program over? Soething like that.

Hi Mick

As a distributor for Bewator products (and many others), I'd like to offer our services for the supply and pre-sales support of Bewator equipment (or alternative solutions should that be necessary).

If you're interested please call any of our sales team or tech support on 01604 647555, hopefully we'll be of assistance.

Regards John

hi john, where in northampton are you?

do you have a retail outlet

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

I'm being a bit sad really, I have a toughbook laptop and I feel like I want to find a legitimate use for it.

Try dropping it, then driving over it.

Archived