Security Installer Community

A Few Bewator Access Questions.

Mick

I have a gate job on a development of flats that requires a telephone access system and have selected a Bewator telecode system. I have installed these before on subbie jobs, but never had to do the final commisioning so am not aware of possible snags. Any takers?

I also have another gate that requires control upgrading to a proximity and keypad system and have been recommended the BC43prox. Does this unit do user groups? Initially it was required to have three user groups, but some of the recomdations were expensive and the customer decided to just have a global prox system You either had a token and could get in whenever or you didn't. Thoughts on this one?

The first part of your post sounded like you wanted someone to commission for you!

No- just looking for any warnings about stuff that may go wrong.

Iv'e set the phone numbers and things up on them, just don't know what happened when they plugged it into BT as it wasn't present when I was there.

hi mick,

perhaps it's me but i found bewater to be very susseptable to faults, i used to cover service on NTL/Telewest sites for a bristol company. the problems were both with stand-a-lone and networked (line opto isolators blowing). i had enough problems to be sworn off bewater for life.

most tele gate kit is a breeze to instal once you master the setup, just observe usual precautions about water ingress and the like.

I also have another gate that requires control upgrading to a proximity and keypad system and have been recommended the BC43prox. Does this unit do user groups? Initially it was required to have three user groups, but some of the recomdations were expensive and the customer decided to just have a global prox system You either had a token and could get in whenever or you didn't. Thoughts on this one?

i use a keypad which is both prox and/or code supplied by Gardiner Security, single output but it don't have wards. take 500 tokens or codes and reasonable price. i would say it's a bit 'art nuvo' being in a heavy brown plastic and odd shaped case to look at, but never had a problem with them.

if you want the cat number i'll look it up

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Mick

As a distributor for Bewator products (and many others), I'd like to offer our services for the supply and pre-sales support of Bewator equipment (or alternative solutions should that be necessary).

If you're interested please call any of our sales team or tech support on 01604 647555, hopefully we'll be of assistance.

Regards John

John Peddle

Director

Advanced Access Ltd

Agents for:- Paxton,Bewator,Cotag,Pac,BPT,Urmet,Videx,

Aiphone,Fermax,Elmdene,KAC,Gianni,Trimec,Powerplex,HID to name just a few.

It was gardiners who suggested the bewator. There isn't that many combinrd keypad/ readers available apparantly.

Most of what I use are stand alone KPs, and it's hard to find an ideal. The videx ones have poor number lighting which causes moans in some areas, the bewater ones I had a problem with the lock, and the first ACT10 I tried had a dodgy keypad after a week despite using the rain hood. Apparantly they had a bad production run becasue the replacement has been in for two years without complaint.

It was gardiners who suggested the bewator. There isn't that many combinrd keypad/ readers available apparantly.

Most of what I use are stand alone KPs, and it's hard to find an ideal. The videx ones have poor number lighting which causes moans in some areas, the bewater ones I had a problem with the lock, and the first ACT10 I tried had a dodgy keypad after a week despite using the rain hood. Apparantly they had a bad production run becasue the replacement has been in for two years without complaint.

Try my old mate, Steve Stuart - Click me Although i doubt you`lll get to talk to him, ask for Antonio. They do specific stainless steel graded RKP`s with various prox or swipe readers made to mount on a 100mm post. Or they can supply a post to suit from stock.

Just checked their web site undergoing a face lift, get them on 0845 010 1001.

Say Paul sent you.

cheers

You're right there aren't a huge number of "Standalone" combined pin and prox readers available, we do have one that does just that, complete with keypad backlighting, it's waterproof to IPX7, will take up to 2000 users and is compatible with a variety of cards & tokens (Paxton, Keypac, and some alarm panel fobs in addition to our low cost fobs & cards) however it's plastic housed so not vandal resistant, although it's very low cost so if it's destroyed in a "rough" area it's replacement cost is low!

John Peddle

Director

Advanced Access Ltd

Agents for:- Paxton,Bewator,Cotag,Pac,BPT,Urmet,Videx,

Aiphone,Fermax,Elmdene,KAC,Gianni,Trimec,Powerplex,HID to name just a few.

Archived