Security Installer Community

Texecom Speach Dialler

Guest dazzerjeep

Guest dazzerjeep

having problems with this dialler, when connected and the customer is on broardband , when anybody telephones the site their telephone rings just once then the person who is telephoning gets fax machine like tones. The customer assures me that the line is not a shared one and all connections have been checked thoroughly. also there is no fax machine, this has happened on several ocasions, any ideas! :ranting:

I would have thought that the dialer is answering and waiting for a command , I don't use these so cannot offer any more help but a filter would make no difference to the phone picking up? is it getting a constant set signal and waiting for callback or something similarly stupid, is it in engineers and awaiting programming remotely. One of the guy's who work on this type of DIY kit should be along shortly.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Never used the tex one, but have you fitted a filter?

cheers

I concur, I reckon you need a Broadband Filter. have you put a butt phone on the line? If the line is not filtered you will get loud shrills down the line which could effect the dtmf dialling.

I would have thought that the dialer is answering and waiting for a command , I don't use these so cannot offer any more help but a filter would make no difference to the phone picking up? is it getting a constant set signal and waiting for callback or something similarly stupid, is it in engineers and awaiting programming remotely. One of the guy's who work on this type of DIY kit should be along shortly.

Isnt it a dialer? Its not waiting for incoming.

cheers

Isnt it a dialer? Its not waiting for incoming.

cheers

OK but some dialer's you can dial in to change programming and switch output's etc.

you cant change the programming over the phone

But you can dial into it.

Have you been on site and looked into this yet? A single tone to a customer is a 'a load of tones and never stops'.

Guest dazzerjeep

yes and i have had this problem before when the customer is on the internet ive solved it by putting the dialler throuh a relay on bell output and programming a 10 second delay on the output triggerson the CPU

Think I may have your answer.

The Texecom has a dial in facility. This works two ways. The first lets the texecom answer after a set amount of rings. The second (called answer defeat) (and the preffered setting) makes you ring a couple of times, hang up, and then call back.

I reckon you haven't enabled answer defeat and the unit is picking up the line. Try pressing # which is the hangup command when in remote control.

Operator manual attached in pdf.

Dave

Texecom_20speech_20dialler.pdf

Think I may have your answer.

The Texecom has a dial in facility. This works two ways. The first lets the texecom answer after a set amount of rings. The second (called answer defeat) (and the preffered setting) makes you ring a couple of times, hang up, and then call back.

I reckon you haven't enabled answer defeat and the unit is picking up the line. Try pressing # which is the hangup command when in remote control.

Operator manual attached in pdf.

Dave

Welcome to an hour ago :P

Archived