Security Installer Community

Series Wiring - Pirs / Contacts Etc.

Guest sp1bob

Actually my link was a public site that supplys to the public such information

and therefore its not a trade site.

I would appriciate if you childish people would re instate the link and get your heads out of the sand when trying to help others.

very childish considering most on here are not even qualified anyway and, you act god like when people come on and ask a simple question.

with regards to resister colour codes, no, you wouldnt learn it that way at University

kat21

but its an easy and valid way to learn the resistor colour codes

edited by jpw to remove link again

10: Other unacceptable behaviour:

4. Do NOT post security control equipment defaulting information. You will incur a warning and your post will be removed.

the site you had a link to contained engineer manuals..

5. Do NOT post comments questioning the community rules, or regarding the way in which this site is moderated. If you have a query ask a moderator or admin.

Actually my link was a public site that supplys to the public such information

and therefore its not a trade site.

I would appriciate if you childish people would re instate the link and get your heads out of the sand when trying to help others.

very childish considering most on here are not even qualified anyway and, you act god like when people come on and ask a simple question.

with regards to resister colour codes, no, you wouldnt learn it that way at University

kat21

but its an easy and valid way to learn the resistor colour codes

edited by jpw to remove link again

Kat

You are very vocal for a newbie.

The OP was offered assistance and was even told what page of the manual the required information was on. Appart from driving down to Bobs house and fitting his alarm for him, I am not sure what the Forum could do. Your resistor guide is as much use as a chocolate teapot to a novice, which Bob obviously is.

Appart from this Bob has been a bit rude to a fellow Forum member, not the best way to win friends and influence people in my opinion.

If Bob hasn't got a clue perhaps he should be asking himself if he should get a proffesional in?

Regards

Dave

Hi, Dave,

Hi all, with regards to him being rude, then yes, I agree, but if this forum is offering a diy section which wishes to help those whom have limited experience then my personal views are that it should either be offered or retracted and made a trade only forum. I appriciate some wish to protect their trade from have a go johnnys but, if somebody approaches with reasonable knowledge and is willing to learn then I feel it should be offered. I do understand those that are in the trade whom have taken time out to study to become profficient (accredited and registered) that it could be encroaching on there lively hoods.

kat21

Hi, Dave,

Hi all, with regards to him being rude, then yes, I agree, but if this forum is offering a diy section which wishes to help those whom have limited experience then my personal views are that it should either be offered or retracted and made a trade only forum. I appriciate some wish to protect their trade from have a go johnnys but, if somebody approaches with reasonable knowledge and is willing to learn then I feel it should be offered. I do understand those that are in the trade whom have taken time out to study to become profficient (accredited and registered) that it could be encroaching on there lively hoods.

kat21

Kat

Not being funny but the guy asked about wiring his control panel up and help was given. You claim he has reasonable knowledge but SP1Bob says in his post "the manual assumes some previous knowledge and experience with understanding the diagrams - of which I regrettably have none."

Next SP1Bob posts asking for help wiring his PIR's and starts his post "Firstly, please excuse what I'm sure is a very, very basic question - but hey we've all got to start somewhere !", and help was given.

AND THEN he posts "Also I have some honeywell EMPS Magnetic Contacts which don't seem to have a wiring diagram with them. They have 5 unmarked terminals, I know I need to use 4 (2 tamper, 2 Alarm) but I've no idea which are which - help ......"

Not being funny but whats next, I don't know how to fit my sounder, how do I fit my louspeaker, please tell me how to fit the battery, how do i program the panel etc....

Correct me if I am wrong guys but the DIY section of this Community is not here to help DIY'ers install a complete alarm from scratch to completion? If I am wrong on this guys shout at me and I will crawl under the nearest carpet (so to speak).

Quality help has been offered to this Gentleman so i don't see why you are getting all upset. If you stick around in this community long enough you will realise that there are so many members here, willing to give there free time to help others.

Whilst I have no issues with people that want to try and install a system themselves, i think this gentleman hasn't got a clue where to start, and in which case should consult a proffesional, for his own safety and the reliability of his system. Each to their own, I am a wizard with electronics and electrics but I call a plumber in when I get a leak.

Regards

Dave

Archived