Security Installer Community

Series Wiring - Pirs / Contacts Etc.

Guest sp1bob

Hi,

I have just bought a control panel with 16 zones (using an expander) - a Texecom Premier 24. I would like to wire a single PIR/contact to each zone so that each zone is monitored by only one device.

When I wire the tamper wires from each device back to the control panel, can I simply wire them direct into the control panel (as no 2 devices are shared per zone), or do I still have to wire the tamper in series with other devices even though they are not on the same zone ?

Thanks again for a great forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the premier - but I am sure someone who does will be along soon.

The premier can accommodate EOL (also called FSL) wiring, where you install two resistors in each detector. Why not use this method? It is more secure and means that you don't have to series up all your tamper loops. If you get a tamper condition, the panel will tell you which circuit it is on - if you wire them all in series, you will just have a global tamper - and have to troubleshoot to find the faulty circuit.

D7

If you are using double pole wiring then yes, you will have to wire all the tampers in the control panel in series to te global tamper terminals. In the expander you have seperate terminals for each zones tamper circuit.

One device per zone. If you are installing the system to meet standards, you are allowed to put up to 10 doors or PA's on a single zone. This is suicide and I have never done that in 19 years of doing this job, 19 years??? ahhhhhh I'm old! :fear:

If ever you get a false alarm or the system doesn't set, you know instantly which device it is.

Dave

(as no 2 devices are shared per zone)

One device per zone

He says NO 2 devices on the same zone....

LOL. It was early.....

I meant to just reinforce his decision to put a device per zone. As for global tampers i'm sure you will all agree, should be avoided at all cost.

The OP should learn the resistor method. The tamper will follow the zone then.

Regards

Dave

Sorry, should have put this question in the newbies DIY section.

Would anyone like to elaborate as to how I learn the resistor method (EOL) as I am a little confused as to:-

a) Where the resistor should go

B) What rated resistor I should use

Thanks,

Ian

Sorry, should have put this question in the newbies DIY section.

a) Where the resistor should go

B) What rated resistor I should use

Thanks,

Ian

a) what do you think if it is called "end of line"..?

:question:

B) some manufacturers allow 0.3W (R tolerance 2% or 5%) resistors but since the price difference is very small i usually use 1% 0.5W resistors..

as dns suggested: RTFM ..

Archived