Security Installer Community

Wiring Pirs To Control Panel - Newbie!

Guest deepblue55

Guest deepblue55

Ive wired up the control panel, but not sure ive done it right. ive got an EL Summit 3208 and it says system not ready due to open perimeter zones. is that a problem? or is that just normal?

ive used 4 wires on the PIR, two to power, and two for the alarm loop. ive set the zone to end of line resistor. i havent wired up the tamper loop, partly because im not sure how and partly because i think the system will work ok without it.

any suggestions on the correct way to wire up PIRs or why the alarm is saying that its not ready would be appreciated. also if anyone knows where there are image galleries of correctly wired control boxes that would be really helpful ... thanks

Ive wired up the control panel, but not sure ive done it right. ive got an EL Summit 3208 and it says system not ready due to open perimeter zones. is that a problem? or is that just normal?

depends..

... ive set the zone to end of line resistor.

have you connected the EOL at the PIR??

i havent wired up the tamper loop, partly because im not sure how and partly because i think the system will work ok without it.

any suggestions on the correct way to wire up PIRs or why the alarm is saying that its not ready would be appreciated. also if anyone knows where there are image galleries of correctly wired control boxes that would be really helpful ... thanks

it is all in your installation manual.

anyhow - summit says not ready if any of the circuits is in open state ie. your pirs sees movement.. doesn't necessarily mean anything else. that should be found in user manual too.

Guest deepblue55
Is this a wind up??

not sure i understand but it says zones are open all the time, not just when the PIRs are triggered, so i guess i just dont know what ive done wrong. i dont really understand what EOLR is, so im just wanting to see how they should be wired up so i can check that i havent missed anything ... i can post a photo of it

ive basically had to replace a control panel for an alarm that was previously working ... the installation manual hasnt been very helpful with regard to the actual wiring up side of things

TBH Deepblue, the method you are utilising, is a bit more complicated than the way you are trying to wire it up at the moment.

Unfortunately due to it being a public forum we can't discuss how the wirring for EOL is achieved, but the way you are going about things is wrong Im affraid.

I think it might be an idea to get some quotes to have the panel fitted by an alarm company.

Regards, Dave.

TBH Deepblue, the method you are utilising, is a bit more complicated than the way you are trying to wire it up at the moment.

Unfortunately due to it being a public forum we can't discuss how the wirring for EOL is achieved, but the way you are going about things is wrong Im affraid.

I think it might be an idea to get some quotes to have the panel fitted by an alarm company.

Regards, Dave.

There's been plenty of discussion about how to wire EOL, why would it be banned? :hmm:

That said, as an amateur I wouldn't attempt it! Definitely a job for the pros. :whistle:

Guest deepblue55

There's been plenty of discussion about how to wire EOL, why would it be banned? :hmm:

No one mentioned banning anything?

I do wish people would read posts properly.

strange i thought this was a forum for !! DIY alarm installers !! ... i didnt think it was a difficult question, i just want to know how to wire in a PIR to the control panel, because im guessing ive missed something since its saying the zones are open but if talking about EOL is a bit of a taboo subject then thats cool ... i dont want to get anyone in trouble

it is not a difficult question. EOL stands for End Of Line. when you add resistor in to the phrase it sounds like "end of line resistor" --> resistor that is in the end of the line.

here is a very BAD example of it:

post-3345-1159011533_thumb.jpg

that is like "in the beginning of the line resistor".. :roflmao:

(can't believe someone really advertises themselves in the web with such a pictures..)

it is not a difficult question. EOL stands for End Of Line. when you add resistor in to the phrase it sounds like "end of line resistor" --> resistor that is in the end of the line.

here is a very BAD example of it:

post-3345-1159011533_thumb.jpg

that is like "in the beginning of the line resistor".. :roflmao:

(can't believe someone really advertises themselves in the web with such a pictures..)

Well if some is advertising them self with that there picyure i do hope(if it is in the uk) the companies nsi inspector doesnt stumble across it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fear:

No one mentioned banning anything?

I do wish people would read posts properly.

strange i thought this was a forum for !! DIY alarm installers !! ... i didnt think it was a difficult question, i just want to know how to wire in a PIR to the control panel, because im guessing ive missed something since its saying the zones are open but if talking about EOL is a bit of a taboo subject then thats cool ... i dont want to get anyone in trouble

what resistor vaule does your panel use?????

Archived