Security Installer Community

Wiring Pirs To Control Panel - Newbie!

Guest deepblue55

well thats just beautifully engineered.....

thanks Mr. Happy - i didn't want to be the one to throw the first stone.. :roflmao:

especially the mains connection is very interesting where as chosen keypad cable is quite personal.. :)

Guest deepblue55

i dont want to confuse the issue but basically im just trying to get an old system working again. i only replaced the control panel, all the PIRs, sirens etc were working fine before the control panel died.

do i just need to re-program the zones to match the old control panel, do you think that would work? change them to NC, or NO instead of EOLR? also do i need to do something with the zones not used, or will the fact that nothings connected to them be enough? sorry these are probably really basic questions

heres the old control panel, all wired up & working

http://classic.myob.co.nz/images/DSCF5957.JPG

compared with the new panel saying zones are open

http://classic.myob.co.nz/images/DSCF6272.JPG

do i just need to re-program the zones to match the old control panel, do you think that would work? change them to NC, or NO instead of EOLR? also do i need to do something with the zones not used, or will the fact that nothings connected to them be enough?

your zones are eol wire them up like the bald blokes told tou

program them off (unused zones) if the panel will let you or link them out with a resistor

Guest deepblue55

thx will give it a shot when i get home from work.

hey just wanted to say thx to everyone whos given me some advice on this, i know you dont have to so i appreciate the time youve taken to pass on ur advice to help a newbie ... thx again

Archived