Security Installer Community

Wiring Pirs To Control Panel - Newbie!

Guest deepblue55

thx will give it a shot when i get home from work.

hey just wanted to say thx to everyone whos given me some advice on this, i know you dont have to so i appreciate the time youve taken to pass on ur advice to help a newbie ... thx again

u don't seem to sleep either..

:roflmao:

well thats just beautifully engineered.....

thanks Mr. Happy - i didn't want to be the one to throw the first stone.. :roflmao:

especially the mains connection is very interesting where as chosen keypad cable is quite personal.. :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cold2:

Guest deepblue55

seems like i missed all the fun with the MB getting switched off :)

anyway, things have progressed - all ive done is resistor the unused zones and that fixed the 'system not ready - open zones' message.

now it says 'alarm ready for stay arming' which is for arming all the perimeter zones, but not ready for 'away arming' - is that a problem with how the zones have been setup, do i need to program them differently?

just another couple of questions (1) georgahti from the diagram you posted (thx for that) you mention wiring to the zone & the common contacts - does the tamper wire (the white one) wire to the zone, or does it need to go somewhere else on the board - eg create a separate 24hr zone and wire it to that? (2) do zones in use need a resistor across the contacts? thats how ive wired it up because the previous control panel was wired like that but i dont know why it has to be like that

thanks!!

Guest deepblue55

i thought id just update this thread with how ive been getting on, i know everyone else has probably moved on and is no longer monitoring it but just for the sake of trying to document the process and maybe help someone else along the way.

i managed to make contact with a support guy from electronics line (the makers of the control panel) and after looking at pictures of the panel said it looked like id set up the zones for 'normally open' and they generally should be 'normally closed' so he suggested the following:

wire up the zones in series - blue wire to zone, green wire to one end of resistor and the other resister lead goes to common, do this for all zones

for the alarm wire - dont worry about polarity, its simply a switch for the PIRs

the panel now looks like - http://classic.myob.co.nz/images/IMG_0032.JPG

unfortunately it still shows the zones as open, even after trying to rewire one of the PIRs as has been suggested on this thread, didnt seem to make any difference.

so the saga continues, i really need to get it sorted in the next day as im away after that & need it working

any suggestions welcome

so you decided to do ir WRONG way and to skip our instructions??

you really think some manufacturer knows their products better than we do go and get your help from them!

here it is once again - if you can't read this there is absolutely nothing we can do for you except to do it ourselves.

post-3345-1159342913_thumb.jpg

you are located in nz?? there is at least one trade member who lives there too so post your location if you need it working tomorrow.

Guest deepblue55

ok all working now - ive decided not to use a tamper circuit and just go with a straight NC system which meant rewiring the PIRs green & blue wires to be on the NC circuit and remove the resistor ... sorry if this isnt the correct way to do it but its working now & thats good enough for me.

thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions, i do appreciate it even if i dont always take the advice!

ok all working now - ive decided not to use a tamper circuit and just go with a straight NC system which meant rewiring the PIRs green & blue wires to be on the NC circuit and remove the resistor ... sorry if this isnt the correct way to do it but its working now & thats good enough for me.

i was going to suggest that for a starter so you have some security while you are away - but was too tired to write it.. :lol:

anyhow - when you're back let's start step by step again. :yes:

Archived