Security Installer Community

Ade Panel With 2 Exterior Bell Boxes

Guest tonymcg

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help

House has got a ADE panel, quite new (soon to be replaced with a scantronic panel) but just having a slight problem with the wiring for the 2 exterior bell boxes, as the house is in the country a monitor system isnt the most practical reason for response times so also got a SD1+ to go on at a later stage..

At the moment noise is what I am looking for , I know one box should be SAB, and the other SCB but had anyone found this greatly reduces the noise of the boxes? Should they be wired in parallel? (Problem being one box is Pyronix Belle, and the other is a texecom 2e) so this is the bit that kinda confuses me...

Anyone got any knowledge of this ?

Thanks for time

Tony :cold2:

as the house is in the country a monitor system isnt the most practical reason for response times so also got a SD1+ to go on at a later stage..

well thats an odd statment.....

Anyone got any knowledge of this ?

I used to do this quite often, so try this....

D - Bell +ve in both bell boxes

B - Bell -ve in both boxes

A - To the negative hold off in the first bell box

Take the tamper return from the first bell box and instead of wiring it into the T terminal in the panel, use it as the negative hold off supply to the second bell box (join the cables inside the panel).

T - Tamper return from the second bell box

Hope this helps.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

as the house is in the country a monitor system isnt the most practical reason for response times so also got a SD1+ to go on at a later stage..

well thats an odd statment.....

Hi mr happy,

with the house being quite far out, would rather have myself and neighbours/parents rang instead as this would be quicker - as fast as the police/response unit can go... they cant drive though the cows which are usually trailed up and down the road.. :fear:

tony its a jargon thing. Monitored means any sort of remote communication device, so an sd1 is included in this. Thats why your comment was 'strange' Dont worry

Regarding your 2 sabs. Then id go with the virtuals reply. But berar in mind if you remove the lid on the primary sounder and open the switch the secondary sounder will fire. But this is the simpliest way

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

with the house being quite far out, would rather have myself and neighbours/parents rang instead as this would be quicker - as fast as the police/response unit can go... they cant drive though the cows which are usually trailed up and down the road.. :fear:

The point I picking at, I assume theirs nobody to hear the bells... hence sd1, Rural location over head lines ? What you need a proper alarm with at least redcare on it 1st signal / line cut, the arc with inform keyholders (you / neighbours & ya daddy) if you live nearer site than the flith? (may I assume your a yokel :P) put your banjo down & pick up the 12 bore, jump in the hi lux & bag you some burglars..... job done ;)

hi all,

i suggest you wire as Virtual Monitoring has indicated, but do not recommend to put both bells in series. it reduces the available charging voltage to the 2nd sab, it can also cause 'bell tamper' in alarm condition or on bell tests, as the drain from ringing drops the returned voltage to the panel below designed threshold.

instead take 'A' of the second bell and use the 'TAMP' terminals (global tamper), one terminal will be a negative tamper 'feed' (so you need to meter it) which is where 'A' is connected, put any other tamper loops in series with the tamper return from the second bell to complete the TAMP loop.

this way you can work on either bell in peace, and get different indication for a fault to either bell to identify front or back bell fault in the log.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived