Security Installer Community

En50131 & Strobe

Guest alarm_guy1

Guest alarm_guy1

Hi Guys,

Been working for a national for the last year and the panels have been coming out with strobe on confirmed on the very latest panel.

I have just moved to another national this week and the strobe is straight in on unconfirmed

When i questioned this i was told this is correct.

Please help as i'm sure what one is right

Please help me, i just need to know

Hi Guys,

Been working for a national for the last year and the panels have been coming out with strobe on confirmed on the very latest panel.

I have just moved to another national this week and the strobe is straight in on unconfirmed

When i questioned this i was told this is correct.

Please help as i'm sure what one is right

Please help me, i just need to know

Don't think Strobe's come under en50131 (unless its classed as a WD) :hmm:

Unless anyone else knows different :unsure:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Nothing as far as I know, although I personally would like strobes to stop at the same time as bells. (Strobe flashing,no noise= no one in, still going after a day=on holiday!!!!)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Nothing as far as I know, although I personally would like strobes to stop at the same time as bells. (Strobe flashing,no noise= no one in, still going after a day=on holiday!!!!)

we had an insurance requirement that the strobe cut of with the bell on unconfirmed think it was Norwich union it seems good idea the more you think about it

we had an insurance requirement that the strobe cut of with the bell on unconfirmed think it was Norwich union it seems good idea the more you think about it

Nothing to do with EN (in my opinion).

All the nationals are doing different things. The best one is Secom who are installing a big red zit of a lamp on all their bells for confirmed, looks well stupid.

Best idea in my opinion is strobe on a confirmed activation, health and safety for the keyholder and old bill.

Regards

Dave

All the nationals are doing different things. The best one is Secom who are installing a big red zit of a lamp on all their bells for confirmed, looks well stupid.

Best idea in my opinion is strobe on a confirmed activation, health and safety for the keyholder and old bill.

Regards

Dave

AAAhhh! just noticed that zit on a chemists near me !wondered wot the hell it was for---trouble is if all the nationals are doing there own thing how the hell do the attending police interprit wot it means--lets face it there not very interested at the best of times!!!!!!.

Regards

Dave

AAAhhh! just noticed that zit on a chemists near me !wondered wot the hell it was for---trouble is if all the nationals are doing there own thing how the hell do the attending police interprit wot it means--lets face it there not very interested at the best of times!!!!!!.

Think it is more for the client than old bill.

Looks well ugly though. The best bells I have seen are the new Abel ones. At night they have a blue glow, anybody seen them?

Dave

Looks well ugly though. The best bells I have seen are the new Abel ones. At night they have a blue glow, anybody seen them?

Dave

Yup, they are the best looking sab around IMO

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived