Security Installer Community

Bell Keeps Ringing

Drawdown

Ok its an existing installation , Ive changed the panel to a Texecom and bell box , both needed updated , but for some reason the new bellbox continues to ring when Im testing the new panel.

Ive looped out the tamper circuits but it still continues .

I suppose the only thing left is the cable?

My concern is that its a dodgy panel or bellbox , I have tele Texecom and they tell me they have recievd no tech issues.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

cheers

Ok its an existing installation , Ive changed the panel to a Texecom and bell box , both needed updated , but for some reason the new bellbox continues to ring when Im testing the new panel.

Ive looped out the tamper circuits but it still continues .

I suppose the only thing left is the cable?

My concern is that its a dodgy panel or bellbox , I have tele Texecom and they tell me they have recievd no tech issues.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi Drawdown.

it's a process of illimination, check hold off output to sab volts, first + and Hold Off then Tamp (you might have accidentally have reveresed these two). if the powers down the siren will sa on 10.4 volts, placing on test might just be dropping the supply too much, especially if 2 sierns in series.

next you need to see if the panel is actually driving the bell, so diss the siren cables loop out the sab tamper, (hold siren off with battery or use aux output) disable the lid contact on the panel. connect meter or led to siren drive (BELL - & +) see if testing cause's any output voltage to happen. if so a misswire elsewhere in the system is likely, so diss all cables and test between all cores and between each cable. if no, output cable fault/error exists on bell run. diss at siren and check each core for a short to each other core and illiminate any faults.

as this is a takover expect there will be a 'sin' juction box somewhere, like a landing pir run off the bell 12 volts.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:beer: read this again later

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Define 'testing'.

Have you actually been up to the bell whilst testing to see what is\isn't there?

Archived