Security Installer Community

Job Request!

Hey Guys,

Bit of a while since last update, some of you may remember me looking to get into the industry.

A bit about myself once again:

I have been interested in alarm systems for well over 2 or 3 years now. I decided a while back that this is exactly what I want to be doing for a living. I have been reading topics on here for ages now, and have learnt so much from you guys.

I have what I consider, but not limited to (you can never stop learning, and there is a whole lot more im sure.), huge knowledge on alarm systems and electronics especially the ins and outs of alarm panels and CCTV, components and wiring.

I am now currently 16 years of age, which I feel is kind of holding me back, although I know I have the enthusiasm and ability to do the work, its hard to get the trust, responsibility and interest at the age I am.

OK, ive bored you lot enough about me, im sure. The reason im posting is im interested to know if anyone knows of any company in the East Anglia area looking to take on, I am currently living in Peterborough. I have tried the vast majority of companies from the yellow pages, sent letters with CV's and followed them all up with phone calls. I had a few leads from that but the main answer was that they are all 'Not looking'.

I have recently been general job searching now that ive left school but I know its not really what I want, I would really love to get into the industry so this is a bit of a cry for help here! Anyone who could give me any information at all and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

cheers Guys!

Regards to all,

Lee

I`ll rephrase, Good your wanting to be in the trade. Its a pain at times and you will never make every customer happy.

But if you go home with a smile and a problem solved that even the manufactures cannot find, its worth a beer................also when a customer calls and says your system went off , the cops caught the bastid........its better.

Always remember, its the customers system, we fit it to the best possible standard, how its used is not under our control.

cheers

If you lived in the manchester area we would have given you a job as we are lookin for someone urgently but good luck and keep trying.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

• 5 months later...

Hey again all,

Well, i decided to repost in this topic rather than make a whole new one.

Just thought i would let you guys know that after 4 months at my current job as a Customer Service Assistant, i found a vacancy for a Trainee Engineer at our local Abel Alarm office. I went for the job and got an interview a few weeks back. That was on a friday, was told on the monday morning i got the job. :)

I start a week on monday :P

As you can imagine, am rather excited and so glad i can finally get into the industry.

Regards to all,

Lee

Hey again all,

Just thought i would let you guys know that after 4 months at my current job as a Customer Service Assistant, i found a vacancy for a Trainee Engineer at our local Abel Alarm office. I went for the job and got an interview a few weeks back. That was on a friday, was told on the monday morning i got the job. :)

As you can imagine, am rather excited and so glad i can finally get into the industry.

Regards to all,

Lee

Congratulations LEE, hopefully you will keep us all posted on how you get on.

Just one cautionary thought, You have been reading and learning for years as you say, but try to keep it under control as No-one loves a "clever apprentice" Listen and learn, even if you have heard it all before.

Hey again all,

Regards to all,

Lee

Good luck Lee, i wish you well, but listen and learn and you won't go far wrong. I admire your enthusiasm but be careful with your huge amount of knowledge.

Andrew

:D

Hey, thanks guys.

Ive already been warned of this but dont worry, its not my intention to go in and say i know it all, i plan to take it all in and learn from everything. Hopefully will be great :yes:

Regards to all,

Lee

Congratulations Lee,

Well done and good luck.

I sincerely hope it turns out to be what you want from a career.

I am sure you will prove yourself to be an asset to Abel.

Best regards,

Matt

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Archived