Security Installer Community

Help/Manual for electronics Line Alarm

Guest Ian Stewart

Guest Ian Stewart

Hello,

I have an electronics line alarm fitted in my house. However I only moved in at the turn of the year and when I went to use it I found that the code the solicitors had given me does not work!!!!!!!!! Can anyone provide me with a manual for the panel so I can perhaps reset it. The code I was given was Y953 but there is no Y on the panel and I have tried all the other numbers with no joy. the previous owner has left for venezuala and it'll cost me £50 for an engineer to come out so I am a bit stuffed!! can anyone help. I have attached a link to the picture of the panel.

thanks

alarm.jpg

Guest simmo

Ian,

I'm pretty sure when Dave reads this he will have the manual for it, but in case not here is the link for the firm which produces the panel, they have a technical help line I believe.

http://www.espuk.com/about.htm

Even if its an old panel I'm sure they can help.

cheers

Simmo B)

I think the company is called 'Kestrel Electronics Line' or KEL for short, definately Electroncs line, just not too sure about the kestrel bit.

It's a hybrid wirefree/wired panel, not exactly top quality but did the job. One thing you should note is that before putting your code in you need to select which function you want e.g 4 to reset system. (4 followed by code number) Might wanna try those possible combinations of the code you have prefixed by 4.

Used to always get trouble with the tamper switch on the wirefree detectors, only way you could tell if it was definately closed was to enable the LED as it would stay on while the tamper was open, but of course would drain the battery. Also had a few callback's after servicing because the panel would 'apparently' be clear of faults but would then decide that it wasn't and give the message 'RF jamming', again this was mostly down the the tampers on the wirefree detectors.

If you have no luck i'll see if we have a manual at our office.

egg03064.gif

Guest Ian Stewart

Thanks for the help guys.

Reading your comments JB has struck a chord. Sounds like I may have that tamper problem as the panel LED light is on and it's complaining about one of the zones. Mind you I suppose setting off the alarm and the code not working would probably cause that to!!!;-)

I'll try the number thing(at work at the mo.) though I'm sure when you press the number it prompts for password. Will try again though.

Appreciate everyone's help, If anyone needs any computer advice just let me know!!!

Guest Ian Stewart

Hi there,

just to let you know I tried with the number in front but got no joy :(

Can anyone help me out further with a manual or something?

cheers

Ian

There is a manual for this panel on this website - password protected. I have just viewed it and it is 36 pages long, and in PDF format. (Quite a large file) It is an electronic line KEL880 as previously stated.

If Dave is prepared to allow you access, you can print off the file. If he isn't allowing you access, and with his permission, I will e-mail it to you.

Good Luck!

Personally I would replace my panel in lieu of this KEL880. :blink:

Steve K

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

I have recently had to reformat and re install XP etc etc on my harddrive so and i cant remember if ive already sent this manual, so if you still need it just email me and if ive got it ill send it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived