Security Installer Community

Help With Sterling 10

Guest tonymoloni

Guest tonymoloni

Hi there great fourm you guys got here

Ive got a little problem and wonder if anyone on here could please help me?

I recently installed a sterling 10 panel ,rkp,belle and 3 pet sensors and one normal one you get in the kit, for my brother in law. installation went fine no problems.

But 2 days ago he got a tamper warning so i went around and checked everything over tested tamper loop for continuity and all was ok. After lookingat the belle there was a small diode looking thing burnt also the leds had stopped working.

I then changed the belle for a new one and changed the blown fuse in the panel now it all works fine apart from when i do a self test the sounders inside work ok and the strobe outside works but no siren??

So then i thought it could be the panel so i changed the circuit board and it is the same i then changed the rkp then i changed the cable from the panel to the bell box.

Can anyone shed any light on my problem? It seems to be working ok apart from no siren outside

Thanks in advance for any advice

Tony

Guest tonymoloni
Test the bell cable for shorts.

hi cheers for reply i did megger the bell cable it was clear but replaced it anyway then done a insulation test on the new one and its >999 all around i then joined all cores together and tested continuity

also check the panel disnt fry the old and new bell? have you measured the bell output of the bell +

How do i know if the new bell is fryed?

cheers tony

well first of all meter the bell output and check thats functioning if so connect 0v to the trgger and see if it works then, maybe you should use your meter with a fuse to ensure you dont start shorting things out if your not 100%

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest tonymoloni
well first of all meter the bell output and check thats functioning if so connect 0v to the trgger and see if it works then, maybe you should use your meter with a fuse to ensure you dont start shorting things out if your not 100%

Thanks m8 ill pop around in morning and have another look there is defo 13.somthing volts b+ to b-

Is there any way that the panel could be set to stop the bel sounding?

Does the rkp hold any info as when i changed the panel the text ect stayed the same when i powered up.

Thanks m8 ill pop around in morning and have another look there is defo 13.somthing volts b+ to b-

Is there any way that the panel could be set to stop the bel sounding?

Does the rkp hold any info as when i changed the panel the text ect stayed the same when i powered up.

Mate i have yet to find a sterling 10 that the bell test works on.

I service around 50 of them and not one works in bell test or walk test.

Your best bet is press FN - PA and check it that way.

Guest tonymoloni
Mate i have yet to find a sterling 10 that the bell test works on.

I service around 50 of them and not one works in bell test or walk test.

Your best bet is press FN - PA and check it that way.

mmm Sounds interesting thanks m8 ill try that tomorow.

Im a bit worried as he is on holiday at the moment i only went there to feed his cat,I did tell him that i dont do alarms im just a sparkie

on the shitling 10 the keypad hold all the texts so you can mix lcd and non lcd keypads. Plus it saves having to reprogram the text when you have to change the panel

I thought this was only me!

Just trying to do my job

Guest tonymoloni

sorted it it seems it was the leds. changed them and its now working fine.

Weird if you ask me they was flashing ok

Thanks for all your help guys

Tony

Archived