Security Installer Community

Best Panel Advice For Small Installation

Hi guys,:help:

I normally stick to fire but I have to install a small domestic intruder system for my father-in-law.

We're talking very cheap and slightly cheerful and basically one step up from a dummy bell box. They only want a fairly crude deterrent, obviously not monitored.

:question:

I would very much appreciate your advice re panel and pir make/models with an empasis on cost (guess who's paying) and simplicity - for the end user and especially for me!

I make it 6 x pir, 2 x dc, 1 x rkp, 1 x bell. Oh and a panel of course!

:sofa1:

Cheap and cheerful... I would say a Texecom kit:

Veritas R8 panel and keypad (they come together)

Reflex PIRs

Odyssey "E" bell box

You can probably pick it up from your local electrical wholesalers for less than a ton.

Trade Member

Cheap and cheerful... I would say a Texecom kit:

Veritas R8 panel and keypad (they come together)

Reflex PIRs

Odyssey "E" bell box

You can probably pick it up from your local electrical wholesalers for less than a ton.

2nd vote for VR8 or VR8+ both damn good.

Just trying to do my job

Thanks all. I'm heading for the Texecom stuff. I know that the R8 has a basic keypad and the Veritas Excel has an LCD - my question is: is it worth the money for the LCD?

They need one code and one full set - I doubt very much they'll ever part set or do anything with it other than set/unset! Muggins here will have to do anything else, including sorting it out if it goes off.

Obviously you get text on the LCD and I'm guessing zone descriptors? I assume it makes programming it a bit easier as well. Are there any other major advantages to the LCD?

Thanks!

Matt

customer thinks there system is more advanced with lcd. We only fit lcd and would advise it. As your fire what do you think of lcd on fire panels?

I take your point and agree, but this is for my father-in-law and I'm paying for it so I don't care all that much wether he thinks it's advanced or not!!!

As for fire panels I think LCD's are great providing there is useful information for them to display (ie addressable system). I think for small conventional panels they're a gimmick as the information can be displayed just as effectively using old fashioned LED's, and at lower cost to me. Don't forget that even on the more advanced conventional panels the programming options are a mere fraction of those available on a fairly basic intruder panel...

Matt

christ i i were supplying something for the in laws id be looking at what i had in the strip out bin, something steam powered probably

Any offers anyone? Me not do intruder much, me no have none in strip out bin...

The kit discussed here (ie Texecom R8 etc) comes in under

christ i i were supplying something for the in laws id be looking at what i had in the strip out bin, something steam powered probably

Any offers anyone? Me not do intruder much, me no have none in strip out bin...

The kit discussed here (ie Texecom R8 etc) comes in under

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Why not go for the scantronic 9651, solid little panel does everything you want and more for a G2x system. Easy to use too, and programing is like a walk in the park.

cheers

Archived