Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370-580 Series

Hi. My son has recently moved house and the existing Gardtec 370-580 series just sits there with "un" in the display. It must have been armed at some point as the alarm went off and I had to reset it by disconnecting the mains and battery back up supply, but this then flags up that there has been an alert on the unit. I am seriously considering going to a large DIY store locally and purchasing a simple control box and keypad. After all the hard wiring is already installed, it

Guest rjbsec

Such defaulting information cannot be given out on this site - post your location and a member may be able to assist you, otherwise you could call a local engineer.

Note that the Gardtec range have an unfortunate facility to lock the engineer code - if that is the case with your sons alarm then another engineer (not the original installer) may not be able to recover the system.

Hi. My son has recently moved house and the existing Gardtec 370-580 series just sits there with "un" in the display. It must have been armed at some point as the alarm went off and I had to reset it by disconnecting the mains and battery back up supply, but this then flags up that there has been an alert on the unit. I am seriously considering going to a large DIY store locally and purchasing a simple control box and keypad. After all the hard wiring is already installed, it

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

He had a go at inputting in a suggested 0000 code but to no avail. The manual requests a master code in order to move forward in the set up routine. The previous owners do not know how this happened?

0000 is only used when deleting a code.

As Arfur said try finding out the code the previous owners used as it sounds to me like you simply dont know the code.

BTW they were probably using the master code.

If you cant get it though try contacting a local installer who knows Gardtec stuff as they will be able to issue you a new code. The panel certainly doesnt need changing.

Thanks RICHL, arfur mo and rjbsec for your informed expertise. I will try the routes that you have proffered, if it doesn’t pan out I can always fall back on the old fashioned tried and tested relay configuration instead of using ic flip flop electronics.

rgds.

tinpan.

Archived