Security Installer Community

Merdian Norstar 6-16

BASS

anyone know how i can get caller id on the meridian norstar compact thanks

Not very familar with this system, but seen this discussed before - think it only work on ISDN lines when used with the upgraded Compact +.

Si

It will not display the ID on the phones but you can use 1471 to find out who has called if caller ID is enabled. For Multiple lines (as this must be) you have to pay BT to enable caller ID on all lines which is chargeable.

Have a look at this link for another option.

http://www.crucible-technologies.co.uk/mal...E&did=43851

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

We do have caller ID on the line. think we are suppost to do something to the phone system.

what happens when you press 1471?

You have to have Caller ID on all lines not just line 1.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

We do have caller ID on the line. think we are suppost to do something to the phone system.

Paul.

if you press 9 or one of the line keys you get a line if you dial 1471 you get the bt network giving you the last person who called time date etc. We want to get the persons number on the screen who is calling on the phone before answering. we have 4 lines which have CLI on the line (caller line identity) on all of them. At the moment when we receive a call the phone just shows us the number of the line they are calling on i/e line 1 or line 2 etc

We want to see the number of the person who is calling on our screen before we pick up

Paul.

if you press 9 or one of the line keys you get a line if you dial 1471 you get the bt network giving you the last person who called time date etc. We want to get the persons number on the screen who is calling on the phone before answering. we have 4 lines which have CLI on the line (caller line identity) on all of them. At the moment when we receive a call the phone just shows us the number of the line they are calling on i/e line 1 or line 2 etc

We want to see the number of the person who is calling on our screen before we pick up

as per my first post "It will not display the ID on the phones but you can use 1471 to find out who has called"

Have a look at this link for another option.

http://www.crucible-technologies.co.uk/mal...did=43851"

You may be better with a box of tricks that brings up the callers ID on each networked PC as then you can database it. Check out the link above.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived