Security Installer Community

A1 Omnicron 2000 Panel

Guest sand

Hi Everyone

I have lost the key to my A1 Omnicron 2000 alarm panel.

Do Omnicron still trade ? Does anyone know how I can get in contact with them ? Do you think there could be a way of getting a replacement key ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Sand

With the greatest of respect Sand, now is the time to get an alarm engineer in to change your panel I'm affraid. You can change the keyswitch which comes with new keys, but I honeslty think nows the time to upgrade.

Someone near to you may be able to help out more.

cheers Dave.

With the greatest of respect Sand, now is the time to get an alarm engineer in to change your panel I'm affraid. You can change the keyswitch which comes with new keys, but I honeslty think nows the time to upgrade.

Someone near to you may be able to help out more.

cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave. I somehow thought I'd be told that ! The thing is, we are about to move so I don't want to go to the expense of upgrading - I just need to be able to give my Buyer the panel key.

You say that 'you can change the switch key which comes with new keys'. Sorry to be so girly thick but is this an easy process - ie. should any security engineer just be able to call and do this for me ?

Thanks Dave

Sand

Guest Alarm Guard

I doubt that you will find any larm engineer in the land who would be prepared to touch an Omnichron.... unless he is transporting it from your wall to your bin...

Sorry mate, but a replacement is needed.

Guest Peter James

Hi Sand

The problem is the Omnicrap was a DIY box that was never really much good.

Most on here wouldnt trust it to prop a door, let alone secure the property.

You would have to replace the keyswitch, you cant just buy a key that will work it (otherwise it really be less use than it already is)

Best not mentioning the alarm system in the sale details if I were you.

Pete

Hi Alarm Guard and Pete

lol ! Thanks for your time and responses. I hadn't realised that this Omnicron system was so poor. It just came with the house, many moons ago ....

Sand

Come on guys thats a bit out of order :) I wouldn't touch a omnicron or A1 stuff at all but she just needs the key barrel changing not a complete alarm system. Why change the panel when it just needs a key barrel.

I mean I totaly agree with you if I was to do a take over I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

sand if you just looking to keep the system. You just need to have the keybarrel changed. You can get them from an alarm supplier. But I wouldn't recommend you change if you don't know what your doing as once you open the panel it will go into tamper and if you haven't got a key you won't be able to silence it. plus theres HIGH VOLTAGE in the panel.

Guest Alarm Guard
Come on guys thats a bit out of order :) I wouldn't touch a omnicron or A1 stuff at all

I don't think I was out of order. I said that he is unlikely to find any engineer prepared to touch his panel.... and you went on to confirm that you wouldn't either... :hmm:

Thanks so much Guys for all your help.

The simplest option was obviously finding the key. I've searched the house high and low for the last 2 days as I was pretty sure it was lost inside, rather than out. Eventually I came across it last night. I'm so relieved.

Hoorah... Glass of wine now ...

Thanks again everyone.

Sand

Archived