Security Installer Community

A1 Omnicron 2000 Panel

Guest sand

And everyone forgot to mention a local locksmith could have made a key to fit the switch.

cheers

No jumping up and down pls, yes the panel needs changing.

Come on guys thats a bit out of order :) I wouldn't touch a omnicron or A1 stuff at all but she just needs the key barrel changing not a complete alarm system. Why change the panel when it just needs a key barrel.

I mean I totaly agree with you if I was to do a take over I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

sand if you just looking to keep the system. You just need to have the keybarrel changed. You can get them from an alarm supplier. But I wouldn't recommend you change if you don't know what your doing as once you open the panel it will go into tamper and if you haven't got a key you won't be able to silence it. plus theres HIGH VOLTAGE in the panel.

Bass I did say that the keyswitch could be replaced, but this would cost more than the security system is worth.

I think not mentioning the system in the sale details is better, this way the buyer will get something he didnt expect, rather than expect something he didnt get. ;)

Pete

and 2 minutes after walking into their nice new home - someone injected at birth with the 'i wonder what that button does' syndrome presses the panic button :rolleyes:

and i bet they won't expect that either, or no key to turn it off :cold2:

sand, i hope they like those sort of surprisses, i'd turn the mobby of just in case :yes:

:P

regs

alan

And everyone forgot to mention a local locksmith could have made a key to fit the switch.

cheers

No jumping up and down pls, yes the panel needs changing.

call out a local locksmith? :eekout: they charge more than plumbers.

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks so much Guys for all your help.

The simplest option was obviously finding the key. I've searched the house high and low for the last 2 days as I was pretty sure it was lost inside, rather than out. Eventually I came across it last night. I'm so relieved.

Hoorah... Glass of wine now ...

Thanks again everyone.

Sand

No problem, and in view of your reply, and fear of topic going adrift, Im closing it.

Archived