Security Installer Community

Taking Over El Contract, Info Needed

Alexg

A previous customer of mine has asked if I would like to quote for taking over a maintenance contact for there Emergency Lighting Units.

There are about 9 units, the building is a public community hall, all of the units are maintained units & are all above doors with legends on them.

The previous contract agreement was for 2 routine visits per annum & the price excluded any parts that might of needed replacing.

What would be a reasonable price to give them for taking over the contract under the same terms, E.G 2 visits per annum? The premises is local to me, some of the units look quite old, so I would have to state a price for maintenance, then a price to replace any units which don

A previous customer of mine has asked if I would like to quote for taking over a maintenance contact for there Emergency Lighting Units.

lighting 3 hours labour + what costs incured x two visits

You would need to buy it from the British Standards Institute as it is copyrighted.

You could always list what you intend to do for maintenance and how long you would test each unit on batteries for etc and some of us may point you in the right direction.

OK, First off if its a site I'm new too & I didn't install the units, I would check they all were wired correctly with a local test switch & were visible from a distance & that bulbs were good and not on their way out. I would then pull the power from all the luminairs and leave the power off for 3 hours, any that don't last for that time will be replaced, I will then test the new luminairs for 3 hours, Each light will be given an ID number, which will then go on the maintenance log, the log will detail each luminaries position, type & date installed (if new) and approx date installed, if old.

Is that along the right lines? PS: from memory, this particualr site has unswitched spurs next to them for test, should these be replaced with secret key switches or are unswitched spurs aceptable?

Ill have a l look at the regs when i get a minute but as far as i can remember not all tests have to be for the full 3hrs. Most tests are for one hr and if i remember rightly its 3hrs once a year.

On your service list/cert put down lamps instead of bulbs. looks more pro.

If any fail the test your should just be able to swap batts depending how old the fitting are, as older ones were soldered.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

full 3hrs. Most tests are for one hr and if i remember rightly its 3hrs once a year.

On your service list/cert put down lamps instead of bulbs. looks more pro.

If any fail the test your should just be able to swap batts depending how old the fitting are, as older ones were soldered.

Ive Bought this new gadget from those nice people at "ACT" does the load test on the battery for EM Lights just as the I-bit gold thingy does

now we include the EM lights in with the fire alarm maintanance

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

You should be testing the Emergency Lighting twice a year

one service being a functionality test and the second service

should be a one hour test except if the fittings are over three

years old then you need to do a full three hour duration test.

B.S. 5266-1 2005

You should also be checking for the correct signage as well

P.S. nice little earner just fitting correct signage

Hope this helps

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived