Security Installer Community

Taking Over El Contract, Info Needed

Alexg

Alex, don't take this the wrong way, but reading your question here, and your other topic about interlinked fire alarms etc...... are you confident that you are "competent" in the eyes of the law (the Reform Regs) to be carrying out fire alarm installations and emergency lighting maintenance?

If someone gets hurt and you haven't at least followed the British Standards you could end up in a lot of trouble..... :huh:

The reason I am asking these questions is so I CAN do it to the regs and do it 100% how it should be done & also give my customers a great and fair service. I don't think bringing the separate fire discussion into this page is necessary. I am asking questions on that and stating totally openly what my past is with fire systems and I am asking the questions and getting the right information to do it properly & to regs.

I am a qualified Electrician who use to work for a Electrical and Security company who use to also do fire, I use to install the fire systems but not design or certify them (as I explained!) I also use to install E.L units, but again have never been involved in the maintenance of them.

I started my own company about a year ago doing Electrical, Security & IT. This is my first request to do a fire system, and now I'm on my own the entire system is down to me, not just the installation.

My work is to the highest standard...I just need advice on the stuff I have been asking about. If I didn

• 3 weeks later...

Archived