Security Installer Community

Wireless

mikhail

Hi,

I'm using RF RIO for wireless keyfobs only (as keyswitch). But from 30m (straight view line over only one wall) connection is not stable, so it's necessary to push a button several times and search for a place. I have no possibility to move the module to another place. Does anyone connect an additional external antenna to RF RIO to get better receiving condition?

Antennas are soldered onto the PCB as well and I would imagine they are the correct length for the frequency so altering this length may affect the performance in other ways..

rf rios as in the old ones present themselves as rios on the line, so will work with any galaxy, but should only be used on cirtain versions due to battery monitoring jam detection etc. RF portals on the galaxy line can be used x2 so can the ademco radio rx on the ecp bus (44) unfortunatly its not a simple matter on the classics of banging radio rios on as they will cause missing errors and the like, also you will need to use max as your keyswitch's will conflict

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

... I would imagine they are the correct length for the frequency so altering this length may affect the performance in other ways..

it does - but does anyone remember the formula??

_1_

f/c

Spotter - is that the calculation for a full wave??
Most wireless devices will use a 1/4 wave antenna, so if you calcutating full wave sizes don't forget to divide the result by 4.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Never used one but done a few take overs on veritas r8's, but there are other things i prefer. I grew up with castle and microtech so those are my favorite panels, keep me away from aritech and dsc. Only because i have only worked on 1 aritech (a cd72 i think) seemed quite powerful, but again like the gal you have to be used to them i think and dsc cos i have only seen one. I cant remeber what it was but its rios/lims/zems had little 7 seg displays on them and the connections were not marked up. i have never liked anything that doesnt have 'proper' markings I dont like the idiot way of 1 wires to 1 and 2 wires to 2, cos i cant fix it when it doesnt work if i dont know what 1 and 2 are

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I had a fault with an RF RIO and tech support were their usual up their own ar*e with arrogance - although he did sort the problem straight away for me!

As for panels - the galaxy is a walk in the park compared to the ATS - which we (for some unknown reason) are fitting in some newer jobs..

I did my training last month and i'm still confused!

Archived