Security Installer Community

Pet Immunity Pirs

Guest Robbie

Guest Robbie

Hi all newbie here.

I would like some advice on replacing my PIR's with pet friendly ones as i have recently got a cat.

my system is a C & K securitech 800L alarm its been in for around 5 years with no prob's except when the power goes off the alarm activates i think maybe the battery back up has seen better days, im gonna regret saying this cause i'm gonna get slaughtered :( but the system has never been serviced i was always under the impression that there's no mechanical parts so whats to service :fear: yeah i realise now dont beat me too hard, anyway im getting of the subject if anyone can give me advice please and maybe prices( on the PIR's and maybe service) i'd appreciate it. by the way i'm in the Coventry area cheers.

Robbie

Hi ,

Get it serviced first , then ask the engineer about replacing the pirs , as they could be in the wrong position ( eg. facing the stairs).

If you look around this site , some guys have given ballpark figures eg.

you have already taken the first step, by realising your alarm needs a service, yes the battery will need replacing. take the second step and get a local company out to service. there is a list of companies somewhere on this site. must be someone local to you. :) do not stop here your security depends upon it. many false alarms happen in the early hours, much to the annoyance of your neighbours

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Im in Leicester. If you want quoting for a service, battery and pet immune detectors, PM me or you can contact me on 01162 104814.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Definatly get it service the battery has gone..

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/security/index.asp for a list of local alarm companies or just call Adi...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

just to add

pet immune/freindly detection due to the dicrimmination routine it go's through are that much slower to respond to an intuder, and may miss them completely. so don't go and change the lot, if you can keep the cat out of the major rooms ie lounge, master bedroom then your security will be the better for it.

from experience a cat is very hard to keep out of these rooms, they definately sense it will annoy you intensly and make a point of hiding in them, totally ignoring the 'here kitty kitty' routine. so i suggest you get a big dog like an alsation or rotwieller and teach it to 'fetch' the cat :P

ooops! sorry for that - affect by time spent as hard bitten service engineers experience's - and ruddy cats!

/// walks off to take pills and lie down now

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Robbie

:P i like your reply Alan but i don't think the wife will go for it also i was thinking of having all the sensors changed but if theres a chance of them not detecting an intruder i'll think again and maybe just get 1 or 2 changed.

Thanks for all the replies

Robbie

I have one of these Pet Immune Detectors covering my lounge. When walk testing it is not as sensitive as my other Texecom PIR's but it does activate enough to detect an intruder. Unless he crawls aroung on the floor and doesn't stand up. I have two cats roaming around in there all day, and not had a false alarm in 4 months.

cheers, Dom.

Also be sure you want a so called pet tolerant detector, im yet to find one i recommend

Bosch DS820

OUTSTANDING

Its a dual tech costs quite a few more pounds than a standard PIR but worth it if the there is a large dog or a few cats in the property.

I have personally tested a few PI detectors as i have a 5 stone stafford.

Texecom petwise i thought was poor, maybe ok for a cat so long as it does not climb above a certain height but how can you teach a cat that, so a big no no for that one.

There was a Visonic one cant remember the model but it was useless.

I have a Visonic NEXT K9 85 on test for the last 3 months looks smart, no false alarms with the fat stafford and good catch performance.

Our supplier has just got in some Bosch blue line PI PIRs but the weight limit is quite low, ok for cats or small dog.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Crow Genius is pet proof, have a couple with cats leaping about and seem fine. But my best experience was with Rokonet pet proofs, would miss two english bull terriers but when i chucked the clients 5 yr old son into the kitchen it picked him up almost right away.

So for me Rokonet are the best, unles one of you smart gits knows better...............

cheers

Archived