Security Installer Community

Optima X6 - Worth Fixing ?

Guest mhood

Guest mhood

Hi All,

I recently moved in to a house where the seller assured me before purchase that the alarm system was working. I tested the alarm soon after moving in and found out that this was not the case, quite the opposite.

Of the 4 detection / alert components, 3 of them do not work. Namely the external siren, external strobe, and 1 of the 2 PIR's. The 2nd PIR works and sets off the Internal alarm when doing a walk test.

The control Panel seems to be functioning correctly, as does the 2nd PIR. As for the other components I have no idea what the problem is.

Generally, do you think it is worth fixing or replacing? I understand it can be replaced for something in the region of

Hi All,

I recently moved in to a house where the seller assured me before purchase that the alarm system was working. I tested the alarm soon after moving in and found out that this was not the case, quite the opposite.

Of the 4 detection / alert components, 3 of them do not work. Namely the external siren, external strobe, and 1 of the 2 PIR's. The 2nd PIR works and sets off the Internal alarm when doing a walk test.

The control Panel seems to be functioning correctly, as does the 2nd PIR. As for the other components I have no idea what the problem is.

Generally, do you think it is worth fixing or replacing? I understand it can be replaced for something in the region of

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest mhood

Thanks for your reply.

I live in Altrincham, Cheshire.

I am not able to say how old the Optima X6 is, but judging by the discolouration of the PIR plastic, it is a fair age, I would expect a minimum of 5 years.

I only mention the 2 PIR's as there are only 2 rooms downstairs in the property. It is a cottage with a large kitchen - the kitchen has both the front & rear entrances at opposite ends, with the living room through the living room door funnily enough!! I suspect any upgrade would involve 2 PIR's and 2 door opener switches.

Any ideas of quotes would be appreciated, just rough figures / guideline prices so I have got something to go off.

cheers.

quoting prices for your area would be a little unfair, as i live so far away. a grade one system would come in at about

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest mhood

Is a grade 1 alarm the best on the market for "home users" ?

Why would some companies not fit these - is a grade 2x better standard ?

cheers.

well we are nsi gold and do not fit grade 1's. Without going into great detail there are 4 grades

1 to 4

i personally class these as

Grade 1 DIY

Grade 2 Average Domestic

Grade 3 Average Commercial

Grade 4 Average Bank/cash depot

A lot of companies wont fit grade 1's but then there is no reason for you not to have one, if grade 1 is the correct system for your risk

There are also letters after the relavant gradings. A 2x means a grade 2 audible only system.

And yes grade 2 is better than grade 1 but then a grade 3 is better than a 2.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived