Security Installer Community

Advice On Pir

dommer

Hi.

I am looking for a realiable PIR for my garage. The garage houses the boiler, so I am not sure how that effects things with regard to heat output. I was going to use a roller type door contact, but my garage has a tendancy to flood, ( this evening for example ).

Any solutions you suggest would be great.

cheers, Dom.

As mentioned roller shutter door contact or a contact fitted at the top of the door if an up and over type Henderson door. If there is no other means of entry then a movement sensor wouldnt be essential but for belt and braces use a dual technology sensor.

Is the door an up and over style door? If so you can put the contact on the top if there is somewhere to bolt the magent onto the door (mine for instance has a closed lip at the top of the door so you can't get the bolts in)

Trade Member

Is the door an up and over style door? If so you can put the contact on the top if there is somewhere to bolt the magent onto the door (mine for instance has a closed lip at the top of the door so you can't get the bolts in)

you can with an hack saw or grinder and a real bad attitude :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

That one may work depending on your door, although I'd be more inclined to get one where the magnet sits on top of the contact when the door is shut, rather than at the side of the contact like the one you have pictured. You can get the one below from diy-alarms.co.uk. Don't forget to order a 6 way JB to connect it into.

cqr_roller_shutter.jpg

you can with an hack saw or grinder and a real bad attitude :whistle:

regs

alan

Or you could just stick it at the bottom like I did B)

Trade Member

I get mine from Bling Bling Security innit, based in the West Side. Or Cqr do them aswell :blush:

We just dont have them polished here, they become an icon for the chaves :whistle:

cheers

Guest ALSEC

I shall post for this gentlemen in advance of shiny new contact arriving:

"How do I connect a roller contact to my alarm"

Archived