Security Installer Community

How Can I Turn Off My Ade Alarm ?

Guest clan184

Guest clan184

The electrician who installed my ADE Accenta Ideal alarm looks like he wired it into the upstairs lighting circuit. I'm trying to replace a ceiling rose but every time I remove the appropriate fuse the alarm goes off. Even using the engineer code access and reading the manual It's not clear how I can stop the alarm triggering. He's gone out of business and isn't contactable.

Thanks for any suggestions ??

Guest clan184
Hi ,

It sounds like your back-up battery is goosed , better hope theres not a power cut tonight then. :-|

Surely removing the mains from the alarm by pulling the fuse has forced to battery to cut in to run the alarm sounder, as it thinks it is being interfered with, so it isn't 'goosed' or am I missing something ??

The external bell will have it's own backup battery so will sound whenever the main control panel looses all power.

If your main control panel is totally dead upon removing the mains, then it does need a new backup battery.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest clan184
The external bell will have it's own backup battery so will sound whenever the main control panel looses all power.

If your main control panel is totally dead upon removing the mains, then it does need a new backup battery.

I must have had the mains off in the years since installation but can't remember this problem before.

The panel is dead after removing the mains, no lights on the remote keypad either.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out and replace it.

Alarms need to be serviced regardless of whether you use them or not! and batteries need to be changed in line with useage and manufacturers reccomendations, the controls will also now need to checked for signs of damage due to your faulty battery.

Guest clan184
Alarms need to be serviced regardless of whether you use them or not! and batteries need to be changed in line with useage and manufacturers reccomendations, the controls will also now need to checked for signs of damage due to your faulty battery.

As suggested previously the battery is dead and won't charge.

Thanks to all for your help

Archived