Security Installer Community

Which Alarm?

Guest xt600

Guest xt600
this panel is very simple to set up and could be used with the pre=set default program out of the box just as most other smaller panels, but they are not simple to control remotely unless you are an installer, that usually require's being recognised by the maker.

this is because seen as a security isue, if the software was available to all, then conceivably that could be used by scrots to disable unprotected systems such as you may unwittingly fit, not being rude here but you may not realise this had you not found this forum..

if i re-instal my compters operating system i have to get new codes from the tech help desk during oice hours, not much use when you do this at the weekend, and very frustrating so i have done battle on many occassions because of it .

my view is as the panels are password protectable, so its a very low risk factor, as for say you to overcome my systems even if equiped with all the kit, you would need the password, version number, phone number and also beable divert the 'call back' aimed at my ed number to your own, now thats so simple to do i'm sure you will agree :rolleyes: - but then you and i don't make alarm panels.

regs

alan

Sorry alan, maybe i misread your reply. I thought you were saying that software was needed to set up the system. If i can use from the box then thats all i need for now.

I will get myself one of these panels and have a look....Thanks

Sorry alan, maybe i misread your reply. I thought you were saying that software was needed to set up the system. If i can use from the box then thats all i need for now.

I will get myself one of these panels and have a look....Thanks

no probs,

you can alter (from programming mode) to tailor to your needs, it has very sophisticated features available if needed, but not all will of them will be used usually.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 years later...

I installed this alarm over two years ago and all is fine, (but i didn't ever connect the dialler because there is no landline and to put one in is expensive)

My neighbour owns a small cafe, and she has been broken into.

I have offered to install an alarm FOC, and because having a dialler is important, I am thinking about using the same cpx panel as i am reasonably familiar with it now.

My question is, is there an alternative panel with inbuilt dialler?

There is only one room to protect, so i was going to use one pir and one shock sensor/contact on the entrance door. It's just that that the cpx seems a little OTT for just two zones! However, to buy a cheaper simple panel AND a seperate dialler will probably cost more...

cheers, Colin :rolleyes:

the Gardtech 490x has vo-comm built in which can dial and will give you something like "Site x Alarm Zone y" over the phone. The programming is different from the CPX of course.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Of course it is, sorry brain fritz, well it was lunchtime..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Thanks guys...in the end i just got myself another cpx, as i probably have a better chance of setting it up!

There are still many features on this panel that i don't understand, for instance, a PGM1/2/3 which i assume can be programed to perform a task in the event of an alarm triggered. For instance, i woud like to set up some lights, or possibly a camera, which will switch on if the alarm is triggered. If anyone has the patience to tell me how to do this then please do! (i am an electrician so fitting the lights is easy, but knowing how to integrate with the alarm is not!)

Also, may sound silly but what is the meaning of "un-confirmed" as opposed to "confirmed" alarm?

cheers, Colin...

Can someone advise please... for the v-comm do i connect to the bt line before the master socket (this would be ideal cos have existing con box) or after the master socket gubbins?

There is adsl broadband on the line but not in use when the alarm is set. Do i need a filter or wiol it be ok without?

Thanks.....

Can someone advise please... for the v-comm do i connect to the bt line before the master socket (this would be ideal cos have existing con box) or after the master socket gubbins?

There is adsl broadband on the line but not in use when the alarm is set. Do i need a filter or wiol it be ok without?

Thanks.....

before & filter.