Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Problems

Guest pandagirl

Guest pandagirl

hello

we have a veritas 8c but the old version, i wanted to reset the code but wasn't sure what the code was. So i called a alarm engineer to try and fix it for me, the disconnected the alarm so it turned itself off. Then they tried to get the alarm to reset but the engineers code they had wasn't working. They then came back with another engineers code but again this does not work, so they now say they dont know what the engineers code is and i need a new panel is this correct???

dont really want to spend out alot of money of a new panel.

thanks

Any engineer worth his salt should be able to default a veritas 8 ??

LOL some so called engineers are a joke " new panel " cos he cant default it.

Guest pandagirl

well he said because they dont know the engineers code and apparently its been locked to a engineers code they cant do anything else but fit a new panel. is this not the case then??

I know you say you have the old version of the Veritas C , but is your engineer using the correct manual for the panel?.

Also , the default settings are still usable , its just that the engineer will not be able to tweek the settings to your requiremnts without the correct code.

Guest pandagirl

hiya

we have got the code ( 1234) which works because the unset light flashes, then we press 00 and all the red zone lights come on, then we should be able to press 01, new code, prog, reset. But when we press 01 it beeps at us and wont let us go any further. so any help????

also if you press 1234 full it just beeps at us.

Guest pandagirl

its just 1 beep, we put in 1234 then 00 then 01 then we get 1 beep and can go no further, we haven't got any manuals for the alarm either.

Archived